- Jim Bowden's 2018 MLB Living Draft Guide
- 2018 Top 20 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2018 Top 20 Fantasy Baseball Busts
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings (01/04)
- 2018 Top 15 Fantasy Baseball Rookies
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Player Profiles
- Starting a Fantasy Baseball League
- Old Faces in New Places
- Second-Year Players
- The Cry of Collusion
- The SMART System
- Ballpark Factors
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Tiers
- Understanding Projections & Category Targets
- Stat Splits That Matter
- Head-to-Head Fantasy Baseball Leagues
- Fantasy Baseball Points Leagues
- Hurler Workload Concerns
- Are ERA and WHIP Antiquated Stats?
- Beyond ERA: FIP, xFIP, DIPS & SIERA
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Potential Breakout Campaigns
- Jim Bowden's MLB Draft Guide Front Office Insights
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Wins vs Quality Starts
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Injuries to Monitor
- Closers: Investing vs Chasing Saves
- Saves vs Saves Plus Holds
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Streaming Starting Pitching
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Tommy John Surgery
- Keeper Leagues vs Dynasty Leagues
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Set-Up Men to Target
- The Value & Depth of Starting Pitching
- Overlooked Category Contributors
- Contract Year Players
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Strikeouts
- The Mock Draft Army
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Fantasy Alarm Mock Draft
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Playing High-Stakes Leagues
- 2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Catchers
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet
- Understanding Sample Size
- Fantasy Alarm 2018 MLB Bold Predictions
- Understanding Contact Rates
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Surprising Stats to Know
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Understanding Exit Velocity
- Understanding Launch Angles
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Understanding ADP
- Skills Over Performance
- 2018 Projected MLB Starting Lineups
- Three-Year Statistical Trends
Player AlarmsView All
S. Manaea - SP
Manaea underwent successful shoulder surgery Wednesday, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
Specifics regarding the procedure remain unknown, though everything apparently went as planned. Manaea is expected to miss all of 2019 after going under the knife. He posted a career-best 3.59 ERA through 27 starts this season prior to suffering the injury.
Added 7:17 pm (EST)
B. Morrow - RP
Morrow (arm) was shifted to the 60-day disabled list Wednesday, Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports.
This is simply procedural, as Morrow has already been ruled out for the remainder of the season due to a bone bruise in his right arm. He's expected to be ready for the start of spring training next season. Pedro Strop (hamstring) is also sidelined, so Steve Cishek, Justin Wilson, Brandon Kintzler and Jesse Chavez are all options to see saves for Chicago down the stretch. Allen Webster was promoted from the minors to take Morrow's spot on the roster.
Added 7:13 pm (EST)
A. Webster - RP
Webster had his contract selected from Triple-A Iowa on Wednesday, Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports.
Webster will provide additional bullpen depth over the final few weeks of the season after Brandon Morrow (biceps) was ruled out for the remainder of the season. The 28-year-old owns a career 6.13 ERA, 1.60 WHIP and 76:66 K:BB across 120.1 innings over parts of three major-league seasons. He most recently pitched for the Diamondbacks in 2015.
Added 7:09 pm (EST)
C. González - RF
Gonzalez is not in the lineup Wednesday against the Dodgers, Kyle Newman of The Denver Post reports.
Gonzalez is hitting just .133/.152/.222 through 12 games this month, so he'll stick on the bench for a second consecutive game as the Rockies go with Gerardo Parra, Charlie Blackmon and David Dahl from left to right in their outfield Wednesday.
Added 7:05 pm (EST)
J. Fernandez - 1B
Fernandez is not in the lineup Wednesday against the A's.
Manager Mike Scioscia is stacking right-handed hitters against lefty Brett Anderson, so Fernandez will give way to Jefry Marte at first base. Fernandez is hitting .245/.286/.396 with two homers and five RBI through 15 games in September.
Added 6:56 pm (EST)
K. Calhoun - RF
Calhoun is not in the lineup Wednesday against the A's.
Calhoun has started all but one game for the Angels in September, slashing just .107/.261/.214 with two homers and six RBI over that 15-game stretch. He'll sit Wednesday in favor of Jabari Blash, who is starting in right field and hitting seventh.
Added 6:51 pm (EST)
Y. Puig - RF
Puig is not in the lineup Wednesday against the Rockies, J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
Puig is hitting just .216/.281/.384 against southpaws this season -- compared to his .301/.360/.558 slash line against right-handers -- so he'll stick on the bench for a second straight game with a lefty (Tyler Anderson) toeing the rubber for the Rockies. In his absence, Matt Kemp will pick up another start in right field and hit fifth.
Added 6:40 pm (EST)
M. Muncy - 1B
Muncy is not in the lineup Wednesday against the Rockies, J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.
Muncy will sit for a second straight game as the Rockies deploy another left-handed starter in Tyler Anderson. Cody Bellinger will cover first in this one, opening up a spot for Enrique Hernandez to start in center field.
Added 6:37 pm (EST)