- Jim Bowden's 2018 MLB Living Draft Guide
- 2018 Top 20 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- 2018 Top 20 Fantasy Baseball Busts
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Player Rankings (01/04)
- 2018 Top 15 Fantasy Baseball Rookies
- 2018 Fantasy Baseball Player Profiles
- Starting a Fantasy Baseball League
- Old Faces in New Places
- Second-Year Players
- The Cry of Collusion
- The SMART System
- Ballpark Factors
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Tiers
- Understanding Projections & Category Targets
- Stat Splits That Matter
- Head-to-Head Fantasy Baseball Leagues
- Fantasy Baseball Points Leagues
- Hurler Workload Concerns
- Are ERA and WHIP Antiquated Stats?
- Beyond ERA: FIP, xFIP, DIPS & SIERA
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Potential Breakout Campaigns
- Jim Bowden's MLB Draft Guide Front Office Insights
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Wins vs Quality Starts
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Injuries to Monitor
- Closers: Investing vs Chasing Saves
- Saves vs Saves Plus Holds
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Streaming Starting Pitching
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Tommy John Surgery
- Keeper Leagues vs Dynasty Leagues
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Set-Up Men to Target
- The Value & Depth of Starting Pitching
- Overlooked Category Contributors
- Contract Year Players
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Strikeouts
- The Mock Draft Army
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Fantasy Alarm Mock Draft
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Playing High-Stakes Leagues
- 2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Value of Catchers
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: The Ultimate Cheat Sheet
- Understanding Sample Size
- Fantasy Alarm 2018 MLB Bold Predictions
- Understanding Contact Rates
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Surprising Stats to Know
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Understanding Exit Velocity
- Understanding Launch Angles
- 2018 MLB Draft Guide: Understanding ADP
- Skills Over Performance
- 2018 Projected MLB Starting Lineups
- Three-Year Statistical Trends
Player AlarmsView All
J. Mathis - C
Mathis has agreed to a two-year contract with the Rangers, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports.
Mathis spent the last two seasons with the Diamondbacks, although he appeared in just 129 games over that span. He's certainly experienced struggles at the dish of late (.200/.272/.272 slash line last season) but adds value behind the plate. Mathis figures to have shot to win the backup job behind Isiah Kiner-Falefa in spring training.
Added Yesterday 8:53 pm (EST)
M. Betts - RF
Betts was named the 2018 American League Most Valuable Player on Thursday.
The awards keep piling up for Betts, who was also honored with a Gold Glove and Silver Slugger for his stellar 2018 campaign. The 26-year-old was incredible across the board for the World Series champs, joining the 30-30 club (32 homers, 30 stolen bases) while leading the majors in batting average (.346), slugging percentage (.640) and runs scored (129). Betts has solidified himself as one of the bonafide five-tool superstars in the league.
Added Yesterday 6:58 pm (EST)
C. Yelich - RF
Yelich was named the 2018 National League Most Valuable Player on Thursday.
Yelich, who received all but one first-place vote, was deservedly rewarded for his breakout season in 2018. In his first year with the Brewers, the 26-year-old led the National League in batting average (.326) and OPS (1.000) while also notching personal bests in homers (36), stolen bases (22), RBI (110) and runs scored (118). An impressive stretch run -- during which he hit .370/.508/.804 with 10 homers, 34 RBI, seven stolen bases and a 16:24 K:BB in September (27 games) -- ultimately helped Yelich beat out NL Central-rival Javy Baez for the award (while also helping the Brewers reach the NLCS).
Added Yesterday 6:29 pm (EST)
R. O'Rourke - RP
O'Rourke signed a minor-league contract with the Mets on Thursday.
The deal includes an invitation to spring training. O'Rourke was limited to just 14.1 innings across four minor-league levels in 2018 while working his way back from Tommy John surgery. The veteran left-hander last pitched in the majors for the Twins in 2016, when he posted a 3.96 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 24:10 K:BB across 25.0 innings of relief.
Added Yesterday 3:38 pm (EST)
W. Saupold - RP
Saupold signed a contract with the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization on Wednesday, Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net reports.
Saupold will take his talents overseas after being outrighted off the Tigers' 40-man roster during the 2018 season. The 28-year-old right-hander failed to impress across parts of three major-league seasons with the Tigers, posting a combined 4.98 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, 5.9 K/9 and 4.0 BB/9 across 106.2 innings.
Added Nov 14 10:18 pm (EST)
C. Bell - RP
Bell signed a contract with the Hanwha Eagles of the Korean Baseball Organization on Wednesday, Dan Kurtz of MyKBO.net reports.
Bell spent parts of the last two seasons with the Tigers, struggling to a combined 7.11 ERA and 1.84 WHIP across 69.2 innings before being designated for assignment in May. He was scooped up with the Braves, but was ultimately outrighted off the team's 40-man roster in August after struggling to a 6.22 ERA across 46.1 innings with Triple-A Gwinnett. Rather than settle for a minor-league deal, Bell opted to head overseas in an attempt to turn his career around.
Added Nov 14 10:15 pm (EST)
J. deGrom - SP
DeGrom won the 2018 National League Cy Young Award on Wednesday.
As expected, deGrom ran away with the award -- receiving 29 of 30 first place votes -- after leading the majors with a ridiculous 1.70 ERA across 32 starts (217 innings). While the 30-year-old went just 10-9 thanks to poor run support, he made up for his lack of wins (the fewest ever for a Cy Young Award-winning starter) with a 0.91 WHIP, 11.2 K/9, 1.9 BB/9 and 0.4 HR/9.
Added Nov 14 6:55 pm (EST)
B. Snell - SP
Snell won the 2018 American League Cy Young Award on Wednesday.
Despite pitching just 180.2 innings -- the fewest ever from a Cy Young Award-winning starting pitcher -- Snell narrowly beat out Justin Verlander to win the award for the first time in his career. The lefty put together an impressive breakout campaign in 2018, finishing with a league-best 21 wins (and just five losses), while posting a 1.89 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 11.0 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9 across 31 starts.
Added Nov 14 6:28 pm (EST)