In late August, the NFL news and rumor mill is churning at full force. And, just like high school football teams doing two-a-days, we’ve up our round up game to three a week. We’ll recap the NFL preseason action, like we did this Monday. We’ll give you a mid-week update on anything from joint practices to trade rumors to NFL injuries on Wednesday (this article). Then on Friday we’ll make sure no stone is left unturned while we preview the game slate for the week ahead. It’s crucial this time of year to constantly make sure we are on top of ADP changes and our fantasy football rankings are fully updated so you can count on us to be here with the news. And, at the end of the article, we’ll also mix in a little bit of the “hype” that’s floating around, even if it’s not necessarily “news”.
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Suffers Broken Wrist
- It was reported that Jaxon Smith-Njigba broke his wrist in the Preseason Week Two game vs. the Cowboys and underwent surgery in Philadelphia yesterday. The timeline for his return is still unsure but there is a chance he misses minimal time. We did a quick write up on the fantasy implications of him missing time at all.
Colts Running Back Jonathan Taylor Given Permission to Seek Trade
- The Colts have give Jonathan Taylor and his agent permission to seek a trade and reportedly their phone has been ringing with teams looking into it. The asking price is reported to be a first round pick and we also have to remember that he is holding out for a new deal.
The Raiders Have No Interest In Trading Josh Jacobs
- On the flip side, the Las Vegas Raiders apparently have no interest in trading running back Josh Jacobs, who has yet to sign his franchise tender. There have been rumors that he will report soon but nothing definitive yet. We are now less than three weeks away from the start of the season.
Baker Mayfield Named Buccaneers Starting Quarterback
- The short battle with prospect Kyle Trask is apparently over - for better or for worse, Baker Mayfield will be your 2023 starting QB in Tampa Bay.
Terry McLaurin Reportedly Dealing with a Toe Sprain
- It was reported by Ian Rapoport that Terry McLaurin suffered a toe sprain in practice. A follow up tweet provided some good news that the MRI revealed no major injury and that there is optimism for Week 1.
Kyle Philips to Miss About Six Weeks With MCL Injury
- The Titans depth chart was already thin with the Treylon Burks injury and now they’ve seen a second wide receiver go down in Kyle Philips. The top pass catchers early on in the season are likely DeAndre Hopkins, Chigoziem Okonkwo, and Nick Westbrook-Ikhine.
Fantasy Football Hype
Forget the real news - let’s hit the HYPE MACHINE!
- Patriots safety Adrian Phillips sees a “way better” Mac Jones this year.
- Despite dealing with a groin injury, Miles Sanders says he “absolutely” will be ready to go Week One vs. the Falcons.
- Kenny Pickett has gained a lot of steam this offseason but he poured cold water on that himself a bit saying “It’s the preseason, man. Nothing counts.”
- We literally cannot write one of these articles without Jahan Dotson doing something impressive before we write the next one.
- He’s not the only Commander that has been gaining traction however as Sam Howell has looked pretty good throughout the preseason as well.
- New Air Raid offense. Rashod Bateman dealing with a foot injury. Lot of question marks around Odell Beckham With all that, Zay Flowers continues to shine.
Get the Fantasy Alarm 2023 Fantasy Football Draft Guide today!
Related NFL Links:
- 2023 Fantasy Football ADP Report
- Fantasy Football Best Ball Advice
- Fantasy Football Dynasty League Strategy
- 2023 Fantasy Football Draft Guide: Zero RB Overview and Draft Strategy