College Basketball Playbook & Core Plays February 4: Top DraftKings CBB DFS Picks
Published: Feb 04, 2023
Updated: Feb 05, 2023
Welcome back to another exciting weekend of CBB DFS lineups and college basketball games! We start a huge CBB hoops Saturday with the main college basketball DFS slate that tips off at 12pm ET on DraftKings with a 12-game slate. All of the top conferences are in play with some intriguing matchups. If you're looking to play college basketball DFS this season, get full access to our CBB DFS Playbooks and Core Plays with a Fantasy Alarm All-Pro Subscription. Check out all the CBB DFS top picks, lineup strategies, teams to target, and value plays to lock in for today’s college basketball action. If you have any questions about CBB daily fantasy lineup strategy, ask away in the Fantasy Alarm Discord chat. Now, let's jump into the CBB DFS top plays and lineup picks for Saturday, February 4th.
College Basketball CBB DFS Slate & Betting Odds February 4th
(via DraftKings Sportsbook)
- 12pm ET: Connecticut (-13.0) @ Georgetown - 146.5 O/U
- 12pm ET: Michigan State @ Rutgers (-4.5) - 127.0 O/U
- 12pm ET: Virginia @ Virginia Tech (-1.5) - 129.5 O/U
- 12pm ET: Kansas (-2.5) @ Iowa State - 135.0 O/U
- 12pm ET: Central Florida @ Cincinnati (-5/0) - 138.0 O/U
- 1pm ET: Texas Tech @ Baylor (-9.0) - 143.0 O/U
- 1pm ET: Mississippi @ Vanderbilt (-4.5) - 138.0 O/U
- 1pm ET: Wake Forest (-3.0) @ Notre Dame - 149.0 O/U
- 2pm ET: Auburn @ Tennessee (-9.5) - 134.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: Baylor @ Marquette (-15.0) - 143.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: TCU @ Oklahoma State (-4.0) - 138.0 O/U
- 2:30pm ET: Illinois @ Iowa (-3.5) - 153.0 O/U
CBB Top Team Totals
- Connecticut - 79.75
- Marquette - 79.25
- Iowa - 78.25
- Baylor - 76
- Wake Forest - 76
- Illinois - 74.75
- Notre Dame - 73
- Tennessee - 72
- Cincinnati - 71.50
- Vanderbilt - 71.25
- Oklahoma State - 71
College Basketball CBB DFS Top Plays February 4
CBB DFS Top Guards
Tyler Kolek, Marquette vs. Butler ($8.2K)
Kolek is a classic pass-first point guard. He's also arguably the best point guard in the nation. He is coming off Big East Player of the Week honors when he scored his first career double-double (one rebound off of a triple-double) against DePaul with 24 points, 10 assists, nine rebounds, and 58 DraftKings fantasy points (DKFP) and then smoked Villanova on Wednesday for 20 points, six assists and five rebounds. Kolek usually will come in under owned but is still one of the safer pay-ups on the board for the second-highest scoring team of the slate (79.25).
Zakai Zeigler, Tennessee vs Auburn ($7.7K)
Teams that win in March are anchored by elite point guard play and that is what Ziegler is giving the Vols. In his last five games, the 5-foot-9 floor general is averaging 16.8 points, but more importantly, 6.8 assists with few turnovers. Zeigler is also 15-of-40 from three-point range during that span and Tennessee will need this play from the most important position on the floor if they have Final Four aspirations. Zeigler, like Kolek, is a safe cash play today.
Dane Goodwin, Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest ($6.7K)
I have always been a sucker for Goodwin, but there will not be much defense played in this game (149 over/under total) and he will be on the floor for nearly 40 minutes. Goodwin’s numbers have dropped from his senior to fifth-year senior season (13.6 PPG and 45.8 3PT% in 2021-22 to 12.0 PPG and 38.3% 3PT% in 2022-23), but he’s still been solid and has scored in double figures in ten straight games. Goodwin (who shoots better at home) and Cormac Ryan combine for 23.5 PPG and will cause problems for Wake Forest who is 13th in the ACC in scoring defense, giving up over 73 points per game on average.
Other Top Guards
Top point-per-dollar plays
- Landers Nolley, Cincinnati ($8.6K) - 14.2 PPG/9.2 RPG in his last five games. Nolley has at least 25 DKFP in every game but vs. Houston since early December.
- Tyree Appleby, Wake Forest ($8.7K) - Plays every minute and has 28% usage/36 DKFP in his last five games. In a pace up with Notre Dame.
- Keyonte George, Baylor ($8.3K) - With a 33% usage rate and 17.4 PPG last five games, George is at home today and makes a nice combo with teammate Adam Flagler.
- Terrence Shannon, Illinois ($8.4K) - If you are looking for a late hammer play, this is it. Shannon is also a great play if you are down and need to make some pivots. Shannon can easily nuke the slate against an Iowa team that doesn’t play defense.
- Cameron Hildreth, Wake Forest ($7.4K) - Hildreth let us all down last week, but now comes in low-rostered in a pace-up game against Notre Dame. You heard it here first: Hildreth smashes.
- Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State ($6.1K) - Lipsey has 31, 15, and 15 DKFP in his last three games.
- Shahada Wells, TCU ($6.3K) - Wells' price has risen but well deserved. He's taken over nicely with Mike Miles out with 49 points last four games.
- Cormac Ryan, Notre Dame ($6.3K) - Will be one of the most popular plays today, but I lean to Dane Goodwin who shoots more.
- Jaylon Tyson, Texas Tech ($6.7K) - Texas transfer Jaylon Tyson had his best game of the year as a spark plug against this same Baylor team a couple of weeks ago with 19 points,12 rebounds, and 42 DKFP. He's a sneaky play today.
- Tristen Newton, Connecticut ($6.6K) - The last two games for Newton is the Newton that we have been waiting for all season long with 35 and 32 DKFP respectively. He has already smashed this Georgetown team earlier in the season with 17 points and six assists (32 DKFP).
CBB DFS Value Guards
Jayden Epps, Illinois @ Iowa ($5.0K)
Illinois has now won seven of their last eight games and Epps has been one of the main catalysts after stepping into a starting role in place of Sencire Harris. He is now one of the clear leaders and playmakers on the court and is averaging 9.8 PPG, 2.1 RPG, and 1.6 APG. Over the last month, Epps has elevated his play and is now playing more minutes, his scoring has slightly increased, and he takes care of the basketball extremely well. This is one of my favorite values on today’s slate.
Other Value Guards
Top point-per-dollar value plays
- Caleb Grill, Iowa State ($5.7K) - As the top GPP value on the slate. Grill torched Texas Tech in his return last week (24 points/38 DKFP).
- Jayden Taylor, Butler ($4.8K) - Taylor is a news-driven play. We need Chuck Harris out and then Taylor gets a boost. Taylor has 17 DKFP with 23% usage in his last five games.
- TJ Caldwell, Mississippi ($3.9K) - With Daeshun Ruffin and Matt Murrell out, Caldwell should get another start and play 30 minutes. He is in play at this price as a dart with 25% usage while on the court and 18 DKFP over his last 3 games.
- Trey Thomas, Vanderbilt ($4.0K) - Very volatile but is very interesting at this price. Thomas has 20, 7, 19, 3, 21, and 3 DKFP over his last six games and if that s any indication then he will smash today.
CBB DFS Top Forwards
Kris Murray, Iowa vs. Illinois ($9.2K)
Averaging a team-best 20.8 points and 8.6 rebounds per outing, Murray is having a breakout season that is very similar to that of his brother Keegan last year. As a scorer, he has developed into the primary option in the Hawkeyes’ system and in the month of January alone, he scored 20 or more points five separate times, including two 30-point outings. One of the most underrated parts of Murray’s game has been his offensive rebounding and with a 20-rebound performance earlier this season, he has flashed major upside on the glass. This is the perfect mold of a two-way combo forward and most importantly for DFS, Murray has been a volume three-point shooter this season, taking 6.5 per game and knocking down better than 35% of these attempts. Murray is the top overall play of the slate.
Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech @ Baylor ($7.2K)
Against Iowa State, Obanor received a standing ovation at United Supermarkets Arena for becoming one of three active players to record 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds and then proceeded to smash against the Cyclones. He finished the 80-77 win with 24 points and 13 rebounds (45 DKFP) and now has three straight games scoring 35+ DKFP. Obanor is taking over this team at the right time and if Fardaws Aimaq remains out again, it means even more usage against a Baylor team that can be pushed around in the post.
Moussa Cisse, Oklahoma State vs. TCU ($5.5K)
Cisse is back in action and finally looks like he is getting healthy. Back in the post after dealing with a left ankle injury he suffered against West Virginia on January 2nd, Cisse appeared in 18 minutes against Oklahoma — the most minutes he has logged since recording 25 on New Years Eve against Kansas. Cisse didn’t just eat the minutes against the Sooners either as he scored 18 points, tying a career high. If Cisse starts today, he is a must-start smash play with huge rebounding and blocks upside. If he doesn’t get the start, he is still cheap enough to take the chance on.
Other Top Forwards
Top point-per-dollar plays
- Jalen Wilson, Kansas ($9.7K) - Murray is my top pay-up, but Wilson is certainly a 1A. He is carrying Kansas with a 43 DKFP average over the last five games.
- Adama Sanogo, Connecticut ($8.5K) - 33.75 DKFP over the last five games with huge rebound upside.
- Andrew Carr, Wake Forest ($7.7) - Safe play with upside. Quinten Post and Boston College destroyed this Notre Dame interior last week.
- Taylor Hendricks, Central Florida ($7.9K) - The future NBA lottery pick is always in play as a Cash/GPP with 45+ DKFP upside.
- Viktor Lahkin, Cincinnati ($7.1K) - Always one of my favorite GPP players, Lahkin can smash if he stays out of foul trouble.
- Nate Laszewski, Notre Dame ($7.3K) - One of these Notre Dame guys will nuke the slate, but they also can just as much tilt.
CBB DFS Value Forwards
Robert Allen, Mississippi @ Vanderbilt ($3.5K)
Allen was inserted into the starting lineup against Kentucky and played well. He saw 23 minutes of action and was productive with eight points, three rebounds, four assists and a steal for 21 DKFP. Since the team played so well, we may just see the same starting lineup again which will make Allen a nice cheap value at $3.5K for our main lineups with value severely lacking at the position today.
Other Value Forwards
Top point-per-dollar value play
- Lahat Thioune, Central Florida ($3.5K) - Has been playing nearly 30 minutes and coming off a 26 DKFP game, but 10-12 DKFP is more like it. He's a dart throw but has been starting.
- Connor Turnbull, Butler ($3.2K) - Has been putting up points in minimal minutes; 13/12/13 DKFP over his last three games while only averaging 10 minutes.
- Emanuel Ansong, Vanderbilt ($3.2K) - 15-20 minutes maximum with a 14 DKFP ceiling.
- Bobi Klintman, Wake Forest ($3.2K) - Total dart-throw play today, but did play 33 minutes last game at Duke.
DraftKings CBB DFS Core Plays
- Kris Murray, Iowa
- Kevin Obanor, Texas Tech
- Moussa Cisse, Oklahoma State
- Jayden Epps, Illinois (V)
FanDuel CBB DFS Core Plays
- Zach Edey, Iowa
- Mathew Mayer, Illinois
- Jaren Holmes, Iowa State
Check out our list of the best, and most trusted sports betting and fantasy sports promo codes from the top legal sites in your state.
Keep the College Basketball DFS winning going! Check out our partners over on PrizePicks, Underdog Fantasy, Monkey Knife Fight & join our Discord!