College Basketball Playbook & Core Plays February 3: Top DraftKings CBB DFS Picks
Published: Feb 03, 2023
Updated: Feb 03, 2023
Welcome back to another exciting weekend of CBB DFS lineups and college basketball games! It all begins tonight with a Friday college basketball DFS slate that tips off at 7 pm ET on DraftKings with a 6-game slate. There are some intriguing matchups that include a MAC rivalry game between Kent State and Akron, a high-paced Ivy League contest between Cornell and Princeton, and late-night Mountain West games. If you're looking to play college basketball DFS this season, get full access to our CBB DFS Playbooks and Core Plays with a Fantasy Alarm All-Pro Subscription. Check out all the CBB DFS top picks, lineup strategies, teams to target, and value plays to lock in for today’s college basketball action. If you have any questions about CBB daily fantasy lineup strategy, ask away in the Fantasy Alarm Discord chat. Now, let's jump into the CBB DFS top plays and lineup picks for Friday, February 3rd.
College Basketball Betting Odds Friday, February 3rd
- 7 pm ET – VCU @ St. Louis (-2.5) 141.5 O/U
- 7 pm ET – Cornell @ Princeton (-2.5) 157.5 O/U
- 9 pm ET – Kent State @ Akron (-2.0) 132.5 O/U
- 9 pm ET – Boise State @ San Diego State (-7.0) 134.0 O/U
- 11 pm ET – Air Force @ Nevada (-11.5) 133.0 O/U
- 11 pm ET – Fresno State @ UNLV (-10) 131.0 O/U
Top CBB Team Totals
- Princeton 80.00
- Cornell 77.50
- Nevada 72.25
- Saint Louis 72.00
- San Diego State 70.50
- VCU 69.50
- Akron 66.75
- Kent State 66.75
- Boise State 63.50
- Air Force 60.75
College Basketball CBB DFS Picks Friday 2/3
CBB DFS Top Guards
Xavier Castaneda, Akron vs. Kent St. ($8.6K)
We have the top two teams in the MAC squaring off - two bitter rivals looking for that coveted Wagon Wheel trophy. The Zips are led by MAC stars Xavier Castaneda at guard and Enrique Freeman at forward and both can ball. Castaneda is still too cheap, even at $8.2K. With three 40 DKFP games out of his last four played Castaneda is the team’s usage (29%); shot (27.5%) and assist rate (20.8%) leader. He limits turnovers (13.3%); doesn’t foul (1.8%) and is one of the very best in the nation at drawing fouls (7.5%- ranked 5th). Anything else? Lock him in.
EJ Harkless, UNLV vs. Fresno St. ($7.9K)
Harkless was just named the Mountain West Player of the Week for the third time this season as he averaged 23 points, 8.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists. He didn’t slow down much to start this week with a 17-point game, five rebounds and five assists (36 DKFP) against Colorado State and comes in tonight’s game against Fresno State with the coveted DFS “30/30” tag- 31.6% usage and 31.9% shot rate plus a sweet 25.4% assist rate. This $7.9K price is just too cheap for the UNLV leader.
Other Top Guards:
- Keenan Blackshear, Nevada ($7.8K) – Guard is LOADED tonight and Blackshear is a stud (28.8% usage/25.8% shot/31.8% assist); 31% usage/33 DKFP last 5 games. Hammer game matchup against Harkless
- Yuri Collins, St. Louis ($8.3K) – Did I mention that guard is loaded? Collins is the best passer in the nation with an incredible 50% assist rate and may come in lower owned due to a dud in his last game (9 DKFP against Fordham)- expect Collins back to his normal 35 DKFP and 8-10 assists tonight.
- Ace Baldwin, VCU ($7.4K) – four straight 30+ DKFP but only one game over 40 DKFP since November.
- Matt Bradley, San Diego State ($7.7K) – Price is too high to think about Bradley in a cash lineup but be darn sure I will have him in some GPPs- always capable of nuking a slate.
- Jarod Lucas, Nevada ($7.0K) – Highest price point of season but 30+ DKFP in 2 of last 3; plays 35+ minutes and a 27% usage rate over last 5 games.
- Mike Allocco, Princeton ($6.5K) – Gets you a piece of the high scoring Ivy League matchup- but can be scoring dependent volatile with 14; 33 and 15 DKFP over his last 3 games- plays nearly every minute.
CBB DFS Value Guards
Shane Nowell, UNLV vs. Fresno State ($3.4K)
During the past three games, the Rebels’ new reserve corps has outscored opponent benches 78-20. Each of the Rebels’ bench contributors brings something different to the table and Nowell’s defense and 3-point shooting have made him a strong role player with either the reserves or starters. Over his last three contests he is playing an average of 20 minutes with solid 14; 16 and 14 DKFP games and should be good for another 4-6X tonight against Fresno State.
Other Top Guard Value:
- Jemarl Baker, Fresno State ($5.0K) – 30+ min player with 27.9% shot rate but he will give you anything from 5 DKFP to 25 DKFP.
- Ethan Taylor, Air Force ($5.8K) – Another 30+ min player with a 21.0% assist rate that is volatile- 26; 10; 30 and 12 DKFP over his last 4 games.
- Jalen Sullinger, Kent State ($4.6K) – Five straight DKFP games and is a main lineup “last man in” type.
- Jeffrey Mills, Air Force ($4.0K) – He starts at $4.0K- so that’s a plus. Boom or bust with 21DKFP and 9 DKFP in last two games.
- Jordan McCabe, UNLV ($4.7K) – Floor general that can handle ball as Gilbert’s backup- capable of 4X.
- Keyshawn Hall, UNLV ($3.9K) – An offensive matchup nightmare for opposing reserve forwards-sneaky play with 27% usage when on court; if he stays out of foul trouble, he could play 18-20 mins and score 6X as a sneaky GPP play- just be careful.
CBB DFS Top Forwards
Enrique Freeman, Akron vs. Kent State ($9.2K)
Freeman, a two-time MAC Player of the Week and MAC rebound leader with 10.7 rebounds per game is a star. He is also in the top five for blocks per game in the MAC, shoots 59.7% from the field and has recorded ten double-doubles. With a career high of 32 points less than a week ago against Ohio, Freeman now faces Kent State in a rematch of the 2021-22 MAC championship game. He is ranked 9th in the nation with a 29% defensive rebound rate (42% combined) while Kent is one of the worst teams in the nation on the defensive boards (31.2%). Freeman is the top overall play of tonight’s slate.
Rytis Petraitis, Air Force @ Nevada ($7.4K)
Petraitis is one of my guys. Last Friday night against New Mexico he got us 40 DKFP on 19 points and 11 rebounds and is back tonight against Nevada. The Air Force “glue” guy holds a monopoly on the Mountain West Freshman of the Week award and is drawing comparisons to former Falcon Jake Burtschi. With Petraitis, the growth in minutes has been gradual. The team's first seven games saw the freshman play just over 11 minutes per game and now over the last five contests he plays 35-40 minutes while averaging 30 DKFP. He is nationally ranked in six categories with a 24.6% usage rate, 30% combined rebound, 23.7% assist, 3.6% block and 2.5% steal rate. Not too shabby for a player from low scoring and slow-paced Air Force.
Other Top Forwards:
- Tosan Evbuomwan, Princeton ($8.6K) – Expensive but a must for the Ivy League game stack (157.5 game total). Has a 28% usage and 30.4% assist rate with a real solid 30 DKFP floor but not much above that. The Freeman high-priced pivot.
- Jalen DeLoach, VCU ($6.8K) – 13.1% O-Reb rate (57th in nation)/6.2% block rate
- Chris Payton, Kent State ($5.6K) – Has been smashing the last two games- 40 points and 20 rebounds combined (32 and 44 DKFP) while playing 30 minutes.
CBB DFS Value Forwards
Keshad Johnson, San Diego State vs. Boise State ($5.3K)
This guy has been darn good since early January. Five games over 24 DKFP with an 8.0 rebound average, He put up a dud in his last game at Nevada (9 DKFP) but can bounce back tonight. This is a big kid that will play in the post but is sure not afraid to let it loose from beyond the arc. We may catch Johnson low-owned tonight as his last game will scare some off.
Other Top Forward Value:
- Terrence Hargrove Jr., St. Louis ($4.5K) – Has turned into a solid starter and plays 25-28 minutes with 20-25 DKFP. Price has gone up a bit but still a cash game play at this price.
- Eduardo Andre, Fresno State ($4.3K) – Bulldog big man averaging 9.0 rebounds over his last five games; had three 40+ DKFP in mid-January (with Isiah Moore out) so is capable of 8-9X.
- Beau Becker, Air Force ($5.1K) – Two straight 20+ DKFP games.
DraftKings CBB DFS Core Plays:
- Enrique Freeman, Akron
- Rytis Petraitis, Air Force
- Keshad Johnson, San Diego State
- Shane Nowell, UNLV (Value)
Check out our list of the best, and most trusted sports betting and fantasy sports promo codes from the top legal sites in your state.
Keep the College Basketball DFS winning going! Check out our partners over on PrizePicks, Underdog Fantasy, Monkey Knife Fight & join our Discord!