College Basketball DFS Playbook & Core Plays March 12: Top DraftKings CBB DFS Picks
Published: Mar 12, 2023
Updated: Mar 12, 2023
Welcome to Selection Sunday for the NCAA Men’s National Basketball Tournament! Sunday's CBB DFS slate wraps up college basketball championship weekend! Today’s slate includes the Big Ten, AAC, SEC, and Atlantic Ten Conference Finals. You can build CBB DFS lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel with both sites tipping of at 1pm ET. If you're looking to play March Madness college basketball DFS this season, get full access to our CBB DFS Playbooks and Core Plays with a Fantasy Alarm All-Pro Subscription. If you have any questions about CBB daily fantasy lineup strategy, ask away in the Fantasy Alarm Discord chat. If you missed it, check out the top March Madness Final Four contenders and the Dark Horse Final Four college basketball teams ahead of the 2023 NCAA Tournament. Now, let's jump into the CBB DFS top plays and lineup picks for Sunday's main CBB DFS on March 12th.
COLLEGE BASKETBALL DFS SUNDAY BETTING ODDS
1pm ET Dayton @ VCU (-2.5) 124.5 O/U
1pm ET Texas A&M @ Alabama (-4.5) 144.5 O/U
3:15pm ET Memphis @ Houston (-5.5) 135.0 O/U
3:30pm ET Penn State @ Purdue (-6.5) 135.5 O/U
TOP IMPLIED TEAM POINTS
Texas A&M 70.00
Penn State 64.50
TOP CBB DFS GUARDS
Wade Taylor IV - Texas A&M @ Alabama ($8.2K DK/$7.7K FD)
In only his second season with the program, and first as a full-time starter, Taylor averaged 16.3 points per game (fifth in the SEC), 4.1 assists (fifth in the SEC), and 1.8 steals, plus he shot 86.9% from the free throw line. The unanimous first-team All-American point guard also put on a show yesterday and in a four-minute stretch during the second half, netted 13 of his game-high 25 points, building a 12-point Aggie lead back up to 23. Today’s matchup against Alabama has the highest game-total on the slate and with a 29.2% usage, 29.3% shot rate to go along with a 32.2% assist rate. Taylor is one of the better point-per-dollar pay ups at guard.
Jamal Shead - Houston vs. Memphis ($7.2K DK/$7.3K FD)
With Marcus Sasser, the American Athletic Conference Player of the Year, suffering an apparent groin injury in the first half of the top-ranked Cougars’ win yesterday, Shead moves into near “must play” territory. Houston is so loaded that it is usually tough to choose a DFS play but this may change as Shead could take over the offense with Sasser doubtful for today’s AAC Final. Sasser’s backcourt mate is one of the top “glue guys” in the nation and is currently leading the Cougars in assists (5.5) and is tied for first in steals (1.7). Shead also has put up three 30+ DKFP games in his last four and finds himself in a pace up game today as Memphis is ranked 17th per KenPom in adjusted tempo (71.8).
Other Top Guards
- Jalen Pickett, Penn State ($10.1K DK/$9.0K FD) - Pickett has been one of the top DFS plays all season and his price reflects that on DK. He is fully in play as the top overall guard, but it will be hard to fit Pickett in cash lineups on a Zach Edey slate.
- Tyrece Radford, Texas A&M ($7.5K DK/$7.0K FD) - “Boots” Radford has had a solid season yet continues to fly under the radar. He now has a 40 DKFP and two 30+ DKFP games in three of his last four and plays in the highest scoring game of the slate.
- Jahvon Quinerly- Alabama ($6.4K DK/$4.6K FD) - Quinerly got his second straight start yesterday and let us down with his worst DFS game in three weeks (14.8 DKFP). He can be volatile, but I am banking on the experienced floor general to bounce back in a big way today.
TOP CBB GUARD VALUE
Emanuel Sharp, Terrance Arceneaux - Houston vs. Memphis ($3.4K DK, $3.7K FD/ $3.1K DK/$3.6K FD)
With Marcus Sasser doubtful to play we can turn to the two Houston reps on the AAC All-Freshman Team, Sharp and Arceneaux, for guard value. Both played nearly 30 minutes yesterday and will get extra run today if Sasser is out. If choosing one I would lean Sharp who was the minutes leader among reserves and has a 20% usage rate when on the floor. It will not take much for either of these two to hit 4X value so pay attention to our Fantasy Alarm Discord for all up-to-date CBB news this afternoon.
Other Top Guard Value
- Brandon Newman, Fletcher Loyer, Purdue ($4.8K DK, $4.6K FD/$4.7K DK, $4.1K FD) - Newman has now started four straight games and the jump in minutes certainly improves his stat sheet as he put up a 41 DKFP and 28.3 DKFP game over that span. The third-year guard is certainly in play as a value today. Loyer is scoring dependent in DFS and has a 20.3% usage rate and 24.4% shot rate. This could be a game environment where Loyer scores double-digit real points, but he is still GPP-only.
- Camren Wynter, Andrew Funk, Penn State ($5.1K DK, $4.8K FD/ $5.5K DK, $5.1K FD) - With Zach Edey on this slate, we need to find that diamond in the rough, so if the Purdue cheap guards are not your style then take a look at Penn State. Both Wynter and Funk will play over 30 minutes and over the last five games they are both averaging just over 11 points and almost four rebounds per game for nearly 20 DKFP. Neither is afraid to launch balls from beyond the arc and they are also both capable of getting hot and taking over a GPP.
TOP CBB DFS FORWARDS
Zach Edey - Purdue vs. Penn State ($11.0K DK/$10.0K FD)
Edey, the Big Ten Player of the Year and the favorite to win the National Player of the Year award, is the top overall play on today’s final regular season slate. The 7-foot-3 center has been unstoppable, averaging 21.9 points per game, most among power-conference players, while ranking third in the country with 12.8 rebounds per game. His KenPom rates are amazing with 32.6% usage (fifth in the nation), 32.3% shot (23rd), 21.8% offensive rebound (first), 27.1% defensive rebounding (18th), and 7.3% block (58th) rate. Lock him in against a Penn State team that is ranked 362nd in the entire country with a weak 18.9% offensive team rebound rate.
Jarace Walker - Houston vs. Memphis ($7.1K DK/$6.1K FD)
Walker has two-way upside and already has an NBA-ready frame at 6-foot-8 and 240 pounds. The top-five projected NBA pick ranks in the 85th percentile among all college basketball players in terms of block percentage (5.1%), offensive rebounding percentage (9.9%), and defensive rebounding percentage (18.6%). Over the last five games Walker is carrying a 22% usage rate and is averaging 10.4 points and 7.4 rebounds (26 DKFP). He should see a bump in all those numbers as his usage should rise without Marcus Sasser on the court today.
Other Top Forwards
- Brandon Miller, Alabama ($9.9K DK/$8.3K FD) - Miller has been unstoppable during the SEC Tournament and has a 29% usage rate to go along with 21.2 points and 8.2 rebounds over his last five games for nearly 40 DKFP.
- DeAndre Williams, Memphis ($9.5K DK/$8.1K FD) - Williams has been in beast mode with back-to-back “fifty burgers” (59.8 and 53.8 DKFP). A matchup against one of the best defenses in the nation puts him at GPP-only.
- Seth Lundy G/F, Penn State ($7.4K DK/$6.2K FD) - Lundy continues to have a solid floor of 23-25 DKFP with a 23% usage rate and playing nearly every minute.
- Noah Clowney, Alabama ($7.3K DK/$5.9K FD) - Clowney is so talented and has hit 30 DKFP in three of his last five games with one of them being against today’s opponent, Texas A&M, where he scored 11 points and pulled down seven boards.
TOP FORWARD VALUE
- Mason Gillis, Purdue ($4.2K DK/$4.6K FD) - You know that value is lacking when Mason Gillis is the top projected punt at the forward position. He had a 32.3 DKFP game against Rutgers on Friday, but has also posted 0.3, 13.8, and 6.3 DKFP games over the last ten days.
- Brandon Johns Jr., VCU ($5.9K DK/$6.3K FD) - Johns has played three straight 30-minute games and has gone 35+ DKFP in two of them. The main issue is that this Atlantic-Ten final has a low 124.5 game total.
- Mustapha Amzil, Dayton ($5.6K DK/$4.6K FD) - Amzil has now started the last two games with Kobe Elvis out and has played 35+ minutes in both. He has a floor of 4X value but not much of a ceiling.
- Zach Edey - Purdue
- Jamal Shead - Houston
- Houston Value Guards (Sharp/Arceneaux)
- Zach Edey- Purdue
- Jahvon Quinerly - Alabama
- Houston Value Guards (Sharp/Arceneaux)
Check out our list of the best, and most trusted sports betting and fantasy sports promo codes from the top legal sites in your state.
Keep the College Basketball DFS winning going! Check out our partners over on PrizePicks, Underdog Fantasy, and Monkey Knife Fight & join our Discord!