PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Wright (shoulder) could begin throwing a baseball again in a couple of weeks, The New York Post reports. "I've got to finish the shoulder program that our team doctors have given me to complete,'' Wright said Friday. "Once that's completed then we'll try throwing again and hopefully it's relatively pain free.''
- Manager Terry Collins said that he doubts Wright (shoulder) will be able to appear in another Grapefruit League game this year, Matt Ehalt of The Record reports.
- Wright (shoulder) said it was "worthless" to guess when he might be ready to take part in any games again, The New York Post reports. "I think this is something that just needs to be corrected with an aggressive, probably time-consuming shoulder rehab and that is why I want to start concentrating on that before I do a lot of baseball stuff," Wright said Thursday.
- Wright (shoulder) won't hit in upcoming Grapefruit League games, although he has been cleared to do so, Anthony DiComo of MLB.com reports.
- Wright (shoulder, back) said there was no structural damage in his shoulder, Mat Ehalt of The Record reports. He has no timetable for his return and wouldn't confirm if he might play on Opening Day, but he believes once his shoulder heals, he'll be ready for full baseball action.
- Wright said the second opinion he sought upheld the initial diagnosis of a shoulder impingement, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports.
|05 Mar||L 14 - 11||Cardinals||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|04 Mar||T -||@ Astros||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|03 Mar||T -||Astros||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|02 Mar||T -||Marlins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|01 Mar||T -||@ Cardinals||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|28 Feb||T -||@ Marlins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|27 Feb||T -||Astros||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|26 Feb||T -||Tigers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|25 Feb||T -||Nationals||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|24 Feb||T -||@ Red Sox||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Mets TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
Wheeler allowed four runs on four hits -- including two home runs -- and three walks Wednesday but remains in the discussion for a rotation spot, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports. Wheeler hit 97 mph and threw 65 pitches Wednesday, and he's scheduled to start Monday's Grapefruit League contest.
- Wheeler allowed four runs on four hits -- including two home runs -- and three walks Wednesday but remains in the discussion for a rotation spot, Mike Puma of the New York Post reports. Wheeler hit 97 mph and threw 65 pitches Wednesday, and he's scheduled to start Monday's Grapefruit League contest.
- Goeddel was optioned to the Mets' minor-league camp Wednesday, Marc Carig of Newsday reports.
- Reynolds was optioned to the Mets' minor-league camp Tuesday, Marc Carig of Newsday reports.
- Cecchini was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas on Wednesday, Marc Carig of Newsday reports.
- Bruce (hip) will play right field and bat sixth in the order in Wednesday's Grapefruit League game against the Marlins, MLB.com's Anthony DiComo reports.
- Salas gave up a hit and struck out one in 0.2 innings of relief during Monday's Grapefruit League game against the Tigers.