Whether the MLB lockout has ended or not, time between now and the start of the 2022 MLB season is running short. It is time to get to work and if it’s time to head out to your fantasy baseball draft and you don’t want to bring your laptop or some cumbersome stack of papers, then we’ve got the perfect solution.
Welcome to Howard Bender’s 2022 Ultimate Fantasy Baseball Cheat Sheet!
In an effort to lighten your load and simplify things on draft day, we’ve created the Ultimate Cheat Sheet to serve as a complement the 2022 Fantasy Alarm Draft Guide. It’s concise, organized, easy to follow and helps to answer the primary questions on everyone’s mind once you step into the war room – who do I draft and when do I take them? If you’re in a salary-cap draft (formerly referred to in the industry as an auction), it also answers the question of how much to bid on a particular player.
Here’s why the Ultimate Cheat Sheet is the only tool you need to carry with you:
- There are 29 complete rounds in grid form for a total of 372 players. The ordering of the grid is based on a combination of Bender’s rankings, the Top-300 and current ADP, so if you see someone listed ahead of someone he may have ranked a place or two higher, it is because current ADP allows us to maybe wait or round or two on a player I might be slightly higher on than most.
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet assumes a 12-team baseline for mixed leagues and yes, it is still applicable for both 10 and 15-team mixed leagues as well.
- The rankings are based on 5x5 fantasy scoring [Hitting: AVG, HR, RBI, Runs, SB; Pitching: W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP].
- Each round is divided into a top and bottom half.
- Each half-round includes dollar values for those of you in salary-cap drafts. That way you get a solid range of how much you should be spending on a particular player.
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet will be continuously updated throughout spring training and will reflect the latest in injury news, while also highlighting emerging rookies and players we believe to have upside that will exceed their current values.
- In addition to Howard Bender’s Draft Grid, the Ultimate Cheat Sheet also includes all of his Fantasy Baseball Positional Player Rankings (mixed, AL & NL-only), a Dynasty Top-300 and favorite rookies, sleepers and busts from the Draft Guide itself.
Like we said, it’s the Ultimate Cheat Sheet. It’s all you need. Now it’s time to get on in there and dominate your draft!
Best of luck!
**If you already own the Draft Guide, the Ultimate Cheat Sheet is already included. If you are signed in, it will automatically download for you.