PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Marpet (ankle) sat out of practice Tuesday, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
- Marpet, a career guard being tried at center in OTAs, has the endorsement of Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reports. "He's so athletic. He can pull. He can make all the blocks. He's highly intelligent, very intelligent. I truly believe, and you can stamp this and quote it: I believe Ali Marpet will be a dominant -- not good -- dominant center," said McCoy.
- Marpet will be tried at center in OTAs and preseason, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
- Ali Marpet (foot) is listed as out for Week 10.
- Ali Marpet (foot) did not practice on Wednesday.
- Ali Marpet (ankle) was in a walking boot following the Buccaneers' Week 9 game.
|11 Sep||W 31 - 24||@ Falcons|
|18 Sep||L 40 - 7||@ Cardinals|
|25 Sep||L 37 - 32||Rams|
|02 Oct||L 27 - 7||Broncos|
|10 Oct||W 17 - 14||@ Panthers|
|23 Oct||W 34 - 17||@ 49ers|
|30 Oct||L 30 - 24||Raiders|
|03 Nov||L 43 - 28||Falcons|
|13 Nov||W 36 - 10||Bears|
|20 Nov||W 19 - 17||@ Chiefs|
|27 Nov||W 14 - 5||Seahawks|
|04 Dec||W 28 - 21||@ Chargers|
|11 Dec||W 16 - 11||Saints|
|18 Dec||L 26 - 20||@ Cowboys|
|24 Dec||L 31 - 24||@ Saints|
|01 Jan||W 17 - 16||Panthers|
Buccaneers TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- Sweezy received the day off from practice Tuesday for rest purposes, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
- Grimes (lower leg) returned to practice Tuesday and participated exclusively in position drills, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
- Glanton worked with the first-team defense in Tuesday's practice with Kwon Alexander (hamstring) sidelined, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
- DePaola (knee) signed with the Bucs on Tuesday, Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reports.
- Alexander did not participate in Tuesday's practice due to a hamstring injury, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.
- Beckwith has worked with the top defense in training camp while Devante Bond recovers from a knee injury, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com reports.