PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Johnson had three carries for two yards in Saturday's preseason game against Oakland.
- Johnson is expected to earn snaps when the Cardinals use two running backs this season, Darren Urban of the team's official site reports. "We'll have some two-back stuff with he and David back there," head coach Bruce Arians said Friday.
- The Cardinals and Johnson (hernia) agreed to a one-year contract Thursday, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports.
- Johnson (groin) will seek out the best fit as an unrestricted free agent this offseason, Alex Marvez of the Sporting News reports. "I feel at this point in my career if it's not a situation where a team wants to bring me in to be a starter, I definitely need to be somewhere where I have a role," Johnson said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday. "I need to be involved. At this point in my career, I don't want to sit on the sideline. I want to get in the game."
- Chris Johnson said he plans to play next season.
- Chris Johnson (groin) will not come off the injured reserve list.
|11 Sep||L 23 - 21||Patriots||2||1||2||0||2.0||0||0||-||-||-||0||0||0|
|18 Sep||W 40 - 7||Buccaneers||21||16||54||1||3.4||0||0||-||-||-||0||0||0|
|25 Sep||L 33 - 18||@ Bills||3||2||5||0||2.5||0||0||-||-||-||0||0||0|
|02 Oct||L 17 - 13||Rams||16||6||34||0||5.7||0||0||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|06 Oct||W 33 - 21||@ 49ers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|17 Oct||W 28 - 3||Jets||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|23 Oct||T 6 - 6||Seahawks||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|30 Oct||L 30 - 20||@ Panthers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|13 Nov||W 23 - 20||49ers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|20 Nov||L 30 - 24||@ Vikings||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|27 Nov||L 38 - 19||@ Falcons||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|04 Dec||W 31 - 23||Redskins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|11 Dec||L 26 - 23||@ Dolphins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|18 Dec||L 48 - 41||Saints||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|24 Dec||W 34 - 31||@ Seahawks||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|01 Jan||W 44 - 6||@ Rams||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Cardinals TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
Mathieu (knee) is fully healthy and has participated in the opening days of OTAs, Adam Green of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM reports. "It's just exciting to get back out there, especially with how last year, how it ended up playing out," Mathieu said. "Just a good feeling to be healthy again and just back out there on a football field 100 percent."
- Mathieu (knee) is fully healthy and has participated in the opening days of OTAs, Adam Green of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM reports. "It's just exciting to get back out there, especially with how last year, how it ended up playing out," Mathieu said. "Just a good feeling to be healthy again and just back out there on a football field 100 percent."
- Bucannon recently underwent ankle surgery and hopes to be ready to go for the regular-season opener, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.
- Gabbert signed a one-year contract with the Cardinals on Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
- Rolle (Achilles) signed a one-year deal with the Cardinals on Tuesday, Kyle Odegard of the Cardinals' official site reports.
- Brown underwent offseason surgery to remove a cyst from his spine, Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official site reports.
- Bergstrom was signed by the Cardinals on Tuesday, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.