PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Oliver is listed as the No. 2 running back on head coach Anthony Lynn's first, unofficial depth chart of the new season ESPN's Eric D. Williams reports.
- Oliver appears to have the edge for the backup job at running back behind starter Melvin Gordon, Eric. D Williams of ESPN.com reports.
- Oliver has fully recovered from the season-ending Achilles injury he suffered during the 2016 preseason, ESPN's Eric Williams reports.
- Oliver (Achilles) and Kenjon Barner are expected to compete for the "change-of-pace" running back position behind Melvin Gordon (knee), Jack Wang of the Orange County Register reports.
- The Chargers agreed to a contract with Oliver (Achilles) on Thursday, Adam Caplan of ESPN reports.
- Oliver (Achilles) will not be tendered by the Chargers, Michael Gehlken reported on Thursday.
Chargers TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- Reid (knee) made a nice push through the line during the team's practice session Tuesday, the Chargers' official site reports.
- Davis (hamstring) made an impressive one-handed catch during Wednesday's practice, Eric Williams of ESPN reports.
- Mager (undisclosed) could be ready to make his 2017 preseason debut Sunday against the Saints, The Orange County Register reports.
- Clark (knee) played 14 snaps in Sunday's preseason opener against the Seahawks.
- Boston (knee) notched two tackles (one solo) in Sunday's preseason opener against the Seahawks.
- Bosa (finger) took the field for the team's first preseason game Friday against the Seahawks, recording two tackles (both solo).