PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Boldin has not been in contact with the Lions for more than a month, Kyle Meinke of MLive.com reports.
- Lions general manger Bob Quinn said the door is still open for Boldin to re-sign with the team, Dave Birkett of The Detroit Free Press reports. "We've had some communication with Anquan," Quinn said. "That was back in I'd say March, so really no update on our end of things. I know they said he's been communicating with a couple other teams, but nothing to update. Door's open."
- Boldin confirmed Thursday that he intends to play in 2017, Jamey Eisenberg of CBS Sports reports. "I'm still healthy, still going strong," Boldin said at his charity golf event in Pahokee, Fla. "I still have the passion."
- Lions general manager Bob Quinn and head coach Jim Caldwell suggested the team is open to re-signing Boldin, who plans to come back for a 15th NFL season, Justin Rogers of The Detroit News reports.
- Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said he would support bringing Boldin back to the team, ESPN's Jamison Hensley reports.
- Boldin isn't expected to ink a contract until close to training camp, Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com reports.
|11 Sep||W 39 - 35||@ Colts||54||3||3||35||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|18 Sep||L 16 - 15||Titans||67||7||4||48||1||1||0||-||0||-|
|25 Sep||L 34 - 27||@ Packers||53||6||4||22||1||0||0||-||0||-|
|02 Oct||L 17 - 14||@ Bears||27||8||6||31||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|09 Oct||W 24 - 23||Eagles||53||4||4||48||0||1||0||-||0||-|
|16 Oct||W 31 - 28||Rams||53||9||8||60||1||0||0||-||0||-|
|23 Oct||W 20 - 17||Redskins||42||4||3||28||1||0||0||-||0||-|
|30 Oct||L 20 - 13||@ Texans||49||3||1||4||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|06 Nov||W 22 - 16||@ Vikings||44||4||2||10||1||0||0||-||0||-|
|20 Nov||W 26 - 19||Jaguars||39||9||6||37||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|24 Nov||W 16 - 13||Vikings||45||9||7||69||1||1||0||-||0||-|
|04 Dec||W 28 - 13||@ Saints||58||6||4||40||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|11 Dec||W 20 - 17||Bears||58||6||3||49||1||1||0||-||0||-|
|18 Dec||L 17 - 6||@ Giants||52||4||3||13||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|26 Dec||L 42 - 21||@ Cowboys||50||7||5||33||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|01 Jan||L 31 - 24||Packers||59||6||4||57||1||1||0||-||0||-|
Lions TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
Ansah hopes to notch "double-digit" sack numbers in 2017, WJR 760's Michael Stets reports. "[Getting sacks] is what I'm paid to do. ... I'm really focused this year. I'm excited for what we have coming up and it's definitely going to be better than last year," Ansah added.
- Ansah hopes to notch "double-digit" sack numbers in 2017, WJR 760's Michael Stets reports. "[Getting sacks] is what I'm paid to do. ... I'm really focused this year. I'm excited for what we have coming up and it's definitely going to be better than last year," Ansah added.
- Ngata heads into his 12th NFL season with no health issues, Mike O'Hara of the Lions' official site reports.
- The Lions informed Ebron that they would exercise his fifth-year option, Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com reports.
- Whitehead will potentially start at outside linebacker for the Lions in 2017 with first-round pick Jarrad Davis slated to play middle linebacker, Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com reports.
- Lions general manager Bob Quinn said Abdullah will be the team's starting running back, ESPN.com's Michael Rothstein reports.
- Lang is on track to be back from his hip injury for the start of training camp, Tim Twentyman of the Lions' official site reports.