PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Benjamin caught both of his targets for 40 yards and a touchdown in Wednesday's preseason opener against the Texans.
- Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Benjamin reported to training camp at 243 pounds, Steve Reed of The Associated Press reports.
- Benjamin appears to be near his listed weight of 245 pounds at the start of training camp, Jodie Valade of ESPN.com reports. "He looked really good," head coach Ron Rivera said Tuesday. "We aren't going to get into numbers, but he is where he needs to be."
- Benjamin appeared to be back at a reasonable playing weight by the end of the Panthers' minicamp, Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports.
- Benjamin had his fifth-year option exercised by the Panthers on Tuesday, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
- Head coach Ron Rivera said he is concerned about Benjamin's weight again, Joe Person of The Charlotte Observer reports.
|08 Sep||L 21 - 20||@ Broncos||52||12||6||91||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|18 Sep||W 46 - 27||49ers||52||9||7||108||2||2||0||0||0||0|
|25 Sep||L 22 - 10||Vikings||61||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|02 Oct||L 48 - 33||@ Falcons||58||7||3||39||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|10 Oct||L 17 - 14||Buccaneers||46||9||5||70||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16 Oct||L 41 - 38||@ Saints||60||13||7||81||0||2||1||0||0||0|
|30 Oct||W 30 - 20||Cardinals||46||5||2||73||0||2||1||0||0||0|
|06 Nov||W 13 - 10||@ Rams||53||7||5||76||0||1||0||0||0||0|
|13 Nov||L 20 - 17||Chiefs||58||12||7||84||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|17 Nov||W 23 - 20||Saints||33||4||3||56||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|27 Nov||L 35 - 32||@ Raiders||43||6||2||53||1||1||1||0||0||0|
|04 Dec||L 40 - 7||@ Seahawks||34||9||2||18||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|11 Dec||W 28 - 16||Chargers||53||4||1||11||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|19 Dec||W 23 - 15||@ Redskins||43||4||2||20||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|24 Dec||L 33 - 16||Falcons||52||8||4||63||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|01 Jan||L 17 - 16||@ Buccaneers||58||7||6||93||1||1||1||0||0||0|
Panthers TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- Head coach Ron Rivera said Thursday that Newton (shoulder) will be evaluated Friday, after which a determination will be made on his availability for Saturday's preseason game at Tennessee, David Newton of ESPN.com reports.
- Samuel (hamstring) increased his workload in individual drills Wednesday, ESPN.com's David Newton reports.
- Samuel (hamstring) is in full pads for Wednesday's practice, Max Henson of the Panthers' official site reports.
- The Panthers signed Davis to a one-year, $6.75 million extension, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
- Samuel (hamstring) made progress at Tuesday's practice, wearing a helmet and working off to the side, Bryan Strickland of the Panthers' official site reports.
- Iddings (shoulder) cleared waivers and reverted to the Panthers' injured reserve Monday, Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports.