Welcome back to another weekend of college basketball action and CBB DFS lineup building! We have a huge Saturday main slate of games and there are plenty of intriguing matchups and top-tier players for our CBB daily fantasy picks. You can build CBB DFS lineups today on DraftKings for the 12-game main slate tipping off at 12pm ET with matchups from all of the top conferences. If you're looking to play college basketball DFS this season, get full access to our CBB DFS Playbooks and Core Plays with a Fantasy Alarm All-Pro Subscription. Check out all the CBB DFS top picks, lineup strategies, teams to target, and value plays to lock in for today's college basketball action. If you have any questions about CBB daily fantasy lineup strategy, ask away in the Fantasy Alarm Discord chat. Now, let's jump into the CBB DFS top plays and lineup picks for Saturday, January 21st.
College Basketball CBB DFS Slate & Betting Odds January 21
(via DraftKings Sportsbook)
- 12pm ET: Miami @ Duke (-5.5) - 148.5 O/U
- 12pm ET: Mississippi @ Arkansas (-9.0) - 138.5 O/U
- 12pm ET: Syracuse (-3.0) @ Georgia Tech - 143 O/U
- 1pm ET: TCU @ Kansas (-7.0) - 145.5 O/U
- 1pm ET: Vanderbilt @ Georgia (-3.5) - 142.0 O/U
- 2pm ET: Texas A&M @ Kentucky - 136.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: Iowa @ Ohio State (-3.5) - 153.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: Virginia (-2.0) @ Wake Forest - 136.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: Texas Tech @ Kansas State (-4.5) - 145.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: Iowa State (-1.0) @ Oklahoma State - 125.0 O/U
- 2pm ET: UCLA @ Arizona (-1.5) - 148.5 O/U
- 2pm ET: DePaul @ Providence (-9.5) - 146.5 O/U
CBB Top Team Totals
- Ohio State - 78.5
- Providence - 78.0
- Duke - 77.0
- Kansas - 76.25
- Iowa - 75.0
- Kansas State - 75.0
- Arizona - 75.0
- Arkansas - 73.75
- UCLA - 73.5
- Syracuse - 73.0
- Georgia - 72.75
College Basketball CBB DFS Top Plays January 21
CBB DFS Top Guards
Terry Roberts, Georgia vs. Vanderbilt ($7.8K)
Terry Roberts has taken full advantage of the fast-paced downhill attack that has helped an improving Georgia program to an unexpectedly great start to its season. The 6-foot-3 New York native via Bradley and Florida SW State was awesome yet again on Tuesday, scoring a team-high 21 points with five rebounds, three assists and a steal in an 85-71 loss at Kentucky. Bruce Pearl called Roberts “the real deal” and his combo of quickness, toughness, speed, and athleticism keeps defenders off guard. Roberts has a 31.1% usage (18th) and 33.4% shot rate (14th), so lock him in as one of the top mid-priced plays on the entire slate.
Devin Carter, Providence vs. DePaul ($7.7K)
In the first matchup between Providence and DePaul, Carter lit up the Blue Demons with a career-high 22 points and played amazing defense with five steals and four blocks. We cannot expect another game like that, but Carter is still in a solid spot here and a cash-play anchor. Over his last five games, he is playing 30+ minutes and averaging 15.5 points plus is putting up 30+ DraftKings fantasy points (DKFP) in six of his last seven games. If you stay away from the big $9K-and-up studs and go balanced, then Carter is an excellent fantasy play in all formats today.
Other Top Guards
Top point-per-dollar plays
- Markquis Nowell, Kansas State ($9.4K) - Nowell's price drop $1K and gets to face Texas Tech instead of a tough matchup like Kansas last game. Nowell is a top pay up guard.
- Bryce Hopkins, Providence ($8.8K) - Has a 26% usage and near double-double average in his last five games with 18 PPG and 9.7 RPG.
- Jaylen Clark, UCLA ($8.1K) - A pace-up spot where Clark is at his best. I will have Clark or Providence's Devin Carter in most of my lineups.
- Anthony Black, Arkansas ($7.6K) - Has 31 and 40 DKFP in his last two games.
- Mike Miles Jr., TCU ($7.5K) Has at least 32 DKFP in his last five games and this game is a great pace-up spot for Miles.
- Reece Beekman, Virginia ($7.2K) - Beekman has 25+ DKFP in five of last six games. He's safe enough for cash in a great pace-up spot against Wake Forest.
- Jaylon Tyson, Texas Tech ($7.1K) Tyson is playing really well with a strong price point in a pace-up spot.
CBB DFS Value Guards
Caleb Murphy, DePaul @ Providence ($4.7K)
A member of the all-AAC Freshman team last year from South Florida, Murphy made his long-awaited DePaul debut this week against Xavier with eight points, two rebounds and two assists (15 DKFP). He did that at all in 23 minutes, so he wasn't shy by throwing up 12 shots. Murphy broke up the potential game-winning play on a lob into Jack Nunge to cap off the night. Murphy, who averaged 10.1 points, 3.2 assists and 2.8 rebounds in his South Florida career, should play about the same amount of minutes today, but note that he played more than expected in his debut due to team foul trouble.
Other Value Guards
Top point-per-dollar value plays
- Kario Oquendo, Georgia ($5.8K) - Terry Roberts has taken over as the alpha on this team, but Oquendo is a proven scorer that could break the slate at any moment. Oquendo's price is just too low and he should hit 5-6X value today.
- Harlond Beverly, Miami ($3.9K) - Beverly is one of my favorite cheap plays on a weak-value slate. Beverly has played 20+ minutes in three straight games with 27 DKFP against Boston College and 23 DKFP against Syracuse.
- CJ Frederick, Kentucky ($4.6K) - Frederick plays nearly the entire game, but he's definitely scoring-reliant. Texas A&M will let players shoot so that's a good thing for Frederick today.
- Kyle Sturdivant, Georgia Tech ($4.5K) - Sturdivant has 20 DKFP in two of his last three games.
- Woody Newton, Oklahoma State ($3.7K) - Provided a spark as he started for first time in his last outing. Newton is a GPP-only play, but in play if he gets another start (20 and 23 DKFP in his last two games) and plays 25 minutes.
CBB DFS Top Forwards
Jesse Edwards, Syracuse @ Georgia Tech ($9.2K)
Edwards, coming off a career-high 25 points and 11 rebounds in a close loss at Miami, has recorded nine double-doubles on the season. He is now second in the ACC with 11 rebounds (0.2 RPG behind Armando Bacot) and first in blocks with 2.9 BPG. Edwards has been fantastic to start the season as he's averaging a double-double per game (13.9 PPG and 11.0 RPG). However, Syracuse isn’t consistently feeding him on offense. In wins this year, Edwards averages over 16 points per game, while in losses, he scores only 11. As favorites today, the Orange should engage Edwards more on offense against the Georgia Tech zone and incorporate the post element of its offensive attack. I'm all-in on Jesse Edwards today.
Brice Sensabaugh, Ohio State vs. Iowa ($8.0K)
Ohio State has one heck of a roster on paper and it's built around the freshman phenom Sensabaugh — the Big Ten’s highest-scoring underclassman. If this motion offense starts humming and they attack the rim, there will be plenty of mismatches today in a fantasy-friendly matchup with Iowa. It all starts with Sensabaugh dominating the inside as he is one of the safest players on the slate with 33 DKFP in five straight and the ninth-highest shot rate in the nation.
Zed Key, Ohio State vs. Iowa ($6.6K)
Ohio State has lost five straight, but this is DFS and going right with another Buckeye. His price is starting to rise again but $6.6K is still too low which makes Key a core play again today. He is coming off an 11-point, 10-rebound game in the loss to Nebraska and now has 13 double-double games on the season. Key has been in the $8K range all year and besides the double-double last game, he had 11 points and nine rebounds against Rutgers last Saturday. Today, Key is back at home against a weak Iowa defense that will push the pace. Lock him in your cash lineups.
Other Top Forwards
Top point-per-dollar plays
- Oumar Ballo, Arizona ($7.8K) - Ballo has now dropped below $8K on DraftKings. He has been struggling a bit, but Ballo demolished UCLA last season and is just too cheap in a pace-up spot today.
- Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky ($10.7K) - Coming off a HUGE 78 DKFP game against Georgia with 37 points and 24 rebounds. Do I need to say more? Tshiebwe is a GPP-only play though due to his price.
- Kyle Filipowski, Duke ($8.4K) - Filipowski is playing 35 minutes and is now home in a pace spot. Has 31% usage and 14.3 PPG/9.0 RPG in his last five games. He should smash today against Miami
- Kris Murray, Iowa ($9.6K) - Murray is totally in play with 27% usage and a 43 DKFP average in his last five games.
- Jalen Wilson, Kansas ($9.7K) - Wilson is coming off of a monster performance against Kansas St. with 55 DKFP. Wilson is always in play with 19.2 PPG and 8.9 RPG in his last five games.
- Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona ($9.5K) - Tubelis continues to smash and firmly in play in all formats.
- KJ Adams, Kansas ($6,6K) - With 23% usage with 14.7 PPG, Adams has really developed into a top play even on a big slate like this. He's my favorite “under-the-radar” play.
- Javan Johnson, DePaul ($7.5K) - Johnson has a 22% usage and 24.6% shot rate, but even in a tough matchup, he will get his points.
- Jalon Moore, Georgia Tech ($6.2K) Moore is playing Syracuse and that's all we need to know.
CBB DFS Value Forwards
Lee Dort, Vanderbilt @ Georgia ($3.2K)
This is a talented, but raw player that is now getting playing time earlier than expected with Liam Robbins out with a bone bruise and foot sprain. Quentin Millora-Brown is a solid veteran, he isn't the type of player who will play more than 20 minutes per game, so that means freshmen Dort will need to step in and fill a larger role. Dort is athletic and an excellent defensive player and was averaging 2.6 rebounds in just 7.1 minutes per game. He does need to stay out of foul trouble but if we can get 20 minutes out of him, he can easily be at 6-8X by the end of the game against the Georgia interior defense.
Other Value Forwards
Top point-per-dollar value plays
- Osun Osunniyi, Iowa State ($4.7K) - Osunniyi has 25+ DKFP in his last two games and is starting to shoot more to add to his near-elite rim protection. He can be used in cash lineups on a slate that lacks value, like today
- Ben Vander Plas, Virginia ($5.8K) - Has 30+ mins in his last two games and he's now starting plus a combined 95 DKFP in his last three games. Vander Plas can handle Wake Forest.
- Jayveous McKinnis, Mississippi ($4.4K) - Has been over 20 minutes in his last four games.
- Makhel Mitchell, Arkansas ($3.9K) - If Mitchell starts, he is in play as a value dart throw option.
- Quentin Millora-Brown, Tennessee ($3.4K) - Possibly the starter with Robbins out, but he's a foul machine. That said, at $3.4K, it won't take much for Millora-Brown to hit value today.
- Zed Key, Ohio State
- Devin Carter, Providence
- Terry Roberts, Georgia
- Caleb Murphy, DePaul or Osun Ossunniyi, Iowa St. (Value)
Check out our list of the best, and most trusted sports betting and fantasy sports promo codes from the top legal sites in your state.