Top-300 For 2011
I'm nothing if not charming, intelligent and modest. I also listen closely to what you, the readers, want to see, and I received a bunch of notes asking me to list my top-250 for the 2011 season. Being the overachiever that I am I decided 250 wasn't enough, so I decided to produce a top-300 for your review.
Let me be clear about a couple of things.
(1) This list is as of today. Due to the uncertainty with the knee of Chase Utley he is ranked at #45. Because of continued back woes Brian Roberts is down at #151. If both were healthy they would be ranked higher.
(2) This list reflects some personal bias of mine. Others might rank catchers, starters and closers higher than I have, but if you've read my work or listened to my radio show, you ill know that I'm always a bit reluctant to reach on players who play those positions.
(3) Yes, I really did rank Adrian Gonzalez at #22. We'll see if I'm right or if everyone else is.
Without further ado, here you are my friends. Enjoy.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Chase Headley (calf) going on the disabled list
- C.J. Edwards suffering from shoulder fatigue
- Mike Bolsinger earns 1st career MLB win
- DeAndre Jordan grabs 22 boards with 5 blocks
- Yoenis Cespedes (hamstring) to miss a few games
- George Springer continues to struggle
- Josh Donaldson goes yard twice Thursday
- Dice-K picks up 1st career save
- Panthers exercised fifth-year option on QB Newton
- Victorino returns to Red Sox lineup Thursday