Week 12 Target Winners and Losers
Happy early Turkey Day to everyone. Is it me, or as adults, at least ones who love football, has Thanksgiving become the best holiday of the year? As a kid we all loved the gift getting holidays, but as adults those holidays turn from getting gifts to getting an empty wallet. Thanksgiving seems like the one holiday where we adults actually get things, like a full stomach and now a full day of Football. So grab that wishbone, crack it off, while you are enjoying the best holiday of the season and may your Fantasy Football playoff wish come true. In the meantime, here are your Week 12 Target Winners and Losers.
Wide Receiver Target Winners
* Josh Gordon finished with a franchise record 237 yards receiving topping Ozzie Newsome's previous record of 191 yards in a single game. Can you imagine what kind of numbers Gordon would be able to put up if he had any stability at the quarterback position?
* Dez Bryant had more targets in Week 12 than he had combined in his last two previous games, but has not found the end zone in his last three games.
* Keenan Allen saw one more target then he did in his last two games combined and finished with nine catches for 124 yards, which is a little surprising considering the Chargers were facing the Chiefs.
* James Jones seemed to benefit the most from the switch to Matt Flynn to quarterback last week for the Packers as he saw his most targets since Week One of the season.
* Larry Fitzgerald went 11 straight games without a dropped pass before mishandling his first pass of the season this past Sunday. Three of Fitzgerald's eight receiving touchdowns have come in his last two games.
* Cordarrelle Patterson had season-highs in targets, receptions, yards, and was a dropped touchdown pass away from having his best standard league performance of his rookie season.
* Julian Edelman's performance came out of nowhere as he had not seen more than four targets in each of his last three previous games and scored his 1st two touchdowns since Week One, making it tough to count on him going forward with some many offensive weapons on that Patriots team.