PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Jones inked a four-year extension with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.
- Cowboys extend punter Chris Jones another two years.
- Chris Jones registered two tackles with one sack in the Patriots 26-21 loss to the Packers on Sunday.
- Chris Jones registered three tackles and a sack in the Patriots 43-17 win over the Bengals on Sunday.
- Chris Jones will miss the remainder of the preseason, after suffering an injury to his left ankle in Thursday's preseason game.
- Patriots DT Chris Jones suffered an ankle injury with just over a minute left in the first half of Thursday's preseason game and did not return.
Cowboys TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- Elliott (suspension) isn't expected to play in Saturday's preseason contest against the Colts, Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
- Irving (suspension, ankle) returned to practice Thursday, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.
- Hitchens left practice due to a bloody nose after a blow to the face, but he was able to return, Todd Archer of ESPN.com reports.
- Irving (suspension, ankle) missed his second consecutive practice session Wednesday, Todd Archer of ESPN reports.
- Hamlett (leg) reverted to the Cowboys' injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- Lewis said Wednesday that his ailing hamstring feels much better, but he remains day-to-day, Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News reports.