Fantasy Football: Week Six Running Back Rankings & Daily League Plays
by Michael Pichan (@FantasyNomad)
The last couple weeks have been tough sledding for running back matchups, but this week the well runs a little deeper offering some good opportunities to find reasonable value at the position whether it is to fill a RB slot or a FLEX spot. As always, the top priced players are in play, but the purpose of these articles are to help you find some value, so you can maximize your spending.
Remember, if you want a look at who is starting for each team along with player projections and DFS pricing visit our NFL Lineup Grid. Also, if you have any Start/Sit questions click on the twitter link in blue above and I'll answer them. And join us for our RotoInfo.com "Ask the Experts" Live Start/Sit Chat every Sunday morning from 10am est to game time.
Daily League RB Targets:
Running back Value Plays:
- Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams- Vikings are allowing the third most Fantasy Points to running backs and you just can't beat the price.
- Redskins RB Alfred Morris- Alf had his way with the Cowboys last year rushing for over 300 yards (5.5 yds/att) and four touchdowns in two games. And the Redskins/Cowboys matchup has the highest over/under according to Vegas at 52, which means that there should be plenty of scoring and hopefully quite a few red zone opportunities for Morris.
- Chargers RB Danny Woodhead- Ryan Mathews has been ruled out only increasing Woodhead's opportunities, and according to Chargers head coach Mike McCoy, he believes that Woodhead could be a 20-carry guy in his offense.
Deeper Discounted Runningback Dandies:
- Browns RB Willis McGahee- McGahee has solidified himself as the Browns primary back and will face a Lions rush defense that has allowed the sixth most rushing yards and rushing touchdowns while allowing the second highest yards/attempt by opposing running backs.
- Bengals RB Giovani Bernard (PPR formats)- Bernard's opportunities have continued to increase and in the last two games combined, Benard has seen 84 snaps to BenJarvus Green-Ellis' 53 snaps.
- Broncos RB Montee Ball (standard leagues) or Ronnie Hillman (PPR format)- As most of you have heard, Vegas set the Broncos/Jaguars line at the highest differential in NFL history, so if this game plays out as they anticipate than we should expect to see plenty of these two running backs.
Week 6 Overall RB Rankings- If table does not show below click here: Week 6 RB Rankings
Be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed to get all my articles including Daily League Sleepers and Value Plays each week and check out our Daily League Lobby on our homepage at www.rotoinfo.com to find Daily Free Rolls (Yeah that's right chance at free money).
Michael Pichan is the host of multiple RotoInfo.com Radio Network Shows, frequent guest on Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports channel, contributor of written Fantasy advice and insight for Rotoinfo.com, and FSWA member. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post in comment section and/or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also follow him on Twitter @FantasyNomad for up-to-date Q&A and fantasy information. And tune in every Saturday for our Start/Sit Fantasy Football Google Hangout with Fantasy Insider Brad Costilo and download the Rotoinfo.com Fantasy Football Show which airs every Thursday at 7pm and the 4th Down Fantasy Football Podcast with my self and Wayne Bretsky, which is on itunes and now on the Armed Forces Radio Network starting Nov. 11th (click on blue for the links).
Leave a Comment
- Jordy Nelson totals 113, yards TD
- Aaron Rodgers injures calf during win
- Steven Jackson Leaves Sunday with Quad Injury
- Jonathan Stewart tallies 129 total yards, TD
- Report: Harbaugh to "Part Ways" With 49ers
- Lynch does not start due to upset stomach
- Robert Turbin starts for Seattle
- Bosh hoping to return Thursday
- Andrew Luck removed rom Sunday's game
- Kevin Durant will not play Sunday