PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman expects No. 8 overall draft pick Christian McCaffrey to have an immediate impact in the Carolina backfield complementing Stewart and Cam Newton, Bryan Strickland of the team's official website reports.
- The Panthers signed Stewart to a one-year extension through 2018, the team's official website reports.
- Stewart doesn't appear as if he'll be a cap casualty in the offseason, David Newton of ESPN.com reports. "We've got to get guys like Jonathan Stewart rolling," head coach Ron Rivera said last week. "We've got to put it in our backs' hands and get the ball to our playmakers."
- Jonathan Stewart (foot) is active for Week 17.
- Jonathan Stewart (foot) practiced in full Friday.
- Jonathan Stewart (foot) is listed as questionable for Week 17.
|08 Sep||L 21 - 20||@ Broncos||43||15||64||0||4.3||0||0||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|18 Sep||W 46 - 27||49ers||10||5||9||0||1.8||0||0||-||-||2||2||7||0|
|25 Sep||L 22 - 10||Vikings||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|02 Oct||L 48 - 33||@ Falcons||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|10 Oct||L 17 - 14||Buccaneers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|16 Oct||L 41 - 38||@ Saints||54||19||85||2||4.5||0||1||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|30 Oct||W 30 - 20||Cardinals||46||22||93||2||4.2||0||0||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|06 Nov||W 13 - 10||@ Rams||44||15||42||0||2.8||0||0||-||-||-||-||0||-|
|13 Nov||L 20 - 17||Chiefs||53||13||39||0||3.0||0||0||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|17 Nov||W 23 - 20||Saints||49||18||31||1||1.7||0||0||-||-||4||1||8||0|
|27 Nov||L 35 - 32||@ Raiders||38||17||96||2||5.6||1||1||-||-||1||0||0||0|
|04 Dec||L 40 - 7||@ Seahawks||42||11||50||0||4.5||0||1||-||-||1||1||3||0|
|11 Dec||W 28 - 16||Chargers||57||24||66||1||2.8||0||1||-||-||2||0||0||0|
|19 Dec||W 23 - 15||@ Redskins||51||25||132||0||5.3||0||1||-||-||2||1||8||0|
|24 Dec||L 33 - 16||Falcons||40||11||50||0||4.5||0||1||-||-||2||1||2||0|
|01 Jan||L 17 - 16||@ Buccaneers||40||20||65||1||3.3||0||0||-||-||2||1||7||0|
Panthers TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
Marlowe (hamstring) participated in the entirety of the Panthers' OTAs, Bryan Strickland of the team's official site reports. "This is the first time I actually put on a helmet since September," Marlowe said. "But adversity can be key -- you just have to bounce back and keep pushing. I'm so happy to be out here healthy and performing on the field."
- Marlowe (hamstring) participated in the entirety of the Panthers' OTAs, Bryan Strickland of the team's official site reports. "This is the first time I actually put on a helmet since September," Marlowe said. "But adversity can be key -- you just have to bounce back and keep pushing. I'm so happy to be out here healthy and performing on the field."
- Panthers coach Ron Rivera and GM Dave Gettleman both said the team should have used Funchess (ankle) more last season, Bill Voth of Panthers.com reports.
- Olsen said it's too early to say whether he'd consider holding out of training camp as part of his effort to secure a new contract, ESPN.com's Adam Schefter reports.
- Shepard consistently got open and caught the ball from his slot position during offseason practices, Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports.
- Benjamin appeared to be back at a reasonable playing weight by the end of the Panthers' minicamp, Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports.
- Lotulelei was limited in minicamp as he recovered from offseason shoulder surgery, Joseph Person of The Charlotte Observer reports.