PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Brown has risen to No. 2 on the wide receiver depth chart, Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic reports.
- Brown (knee) was targeted twice in Saturday's preseason game against Oakland.
- Brown is no longer using a knee brace and doesn't appear gimpy, Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com reports.
- Brown expects to begin practicing without a knee brace at some point in the next two weeks, Scott Bordow and Bob McManaman of The Arizona Republic reports. "I've been kind of transitioning without it for the last month or so and it's felt great without it," Brown said. "Personally for me, I feel like I obviously move a lot more fluid without the brace. It's really more of a mental thing than anything."
- Head coach Bruce Arians said Brown (knee) is already running routes at full speed in individual drills, Kyle Odegard of the Cardinals' official site reports. "We're keeping him out of the team drills because I don't want to see him cut, but he's running routes full speed," Arians said. "He looks great. Actually, his computer numbers are faster than they've ever been."
- Head coach Bruce Arians said Brown (torn ACL) is ahead of schedule in his recovery, even suggesting that the wideout could be available for June minicamp, ESPN.com's Josh Weinfuss reports.
|11 Sep||L 23 - 21||Patriots||17||2||1||18||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|18 Sep||W 40 - 7||Buccaneers||29||2||2||78||1||2||1||0||0||0|
|25 Sep||L 33 - 18||@ Bills||39||5||3||49||0||1||0||0||0||0|
|02 Oct||L 17 - 13||Rams||45||4||1||7||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|06 Oct||W 33 - 21||@ 49ers||31||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|17 Oct||W 28 - 3||Jets||28||5||4||35||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|23 Oct||T 6 - 6||Seahawks||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|30 Oct||L 30 - 20||@ Panthers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|13 Nov||W 23 - 20||49ers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|20 Nov||L 30 - 24||@ Vikings||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|27 Nov||L 38 - 19||@ Falcons||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|04 Dec||W 31 - 23||Redskins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|11 Dec||L 26 - 23||@ Dolphins||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|18 Dec||L 48 - 41||Saints||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|24 Dec||W 34 - 31||@ Seahawks||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|01 Jan||W 44 - 6||@ Rams||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Cardinals TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
Mathieu (knee) is fully healthy and has participated in the opening days of OTAs, Adam Green of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM reports. "It's just exciting to get back out there, especially with how last year, how it ended up playing out," Mathieu said. "Just a good feeling to be healthy again and just back out there on a football field 100 percent."
- Mathieu (knee) is fully healthy and has participated in the opening days of OTAs, Adam Green of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM reports. "It's just exciting to get back out there, especially with how last year, how it ended up playing out," Mathieu said. "Just a good feeling to be healthy again and just back out there on a football field 100 percent."
- Bucannon recently underwent ankle surgery and hopes to be ready to go for the regular-season opener, Kevin Patra of NFL.com reports.
- Gabbert signed a one-year contract with the Cardinals on Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
- Rolle (Achilles) signed a one-year deal with the Cardinals on Tuesday, Kyle Odegard of the Cardinals' official site reports.
- Brown underwent offseason surgery to remove a cyst from his spine, Darren Urban of the Cardinals' official site reports.
- Bergstrom was signed by the Cardinals on Tuesday, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports.