Fantasy Basketball Daily League Picks Mon. Jan.13th
Fantasy Basketball Daily League Picks Monday, January 13th
Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
The Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant provides you daily recommendations in a four tiered format, with specific targets for GPP tournaments (Guaranteed Prize Payout tournaments) and separate players that may be more geared towards Double Up (DU) contests. It does not mean they are only worth playing in said format, just that I like them in that type of format a little more.
For those of you checking out my recommendations for the first time, I group the players in A,B,C,D Tiers as a play on the old A,B,C,D basketball camps and as an easy way to distinguish player tiers. (All prices are according to Draft Street). If you have any specific questions post them in the comments section and I will answer them asap or send me a tweet by clicking on my twitter handle at the top of this article. To see who is starting each night visit our NBA Lineups Page
A-All Star priced players that should put up All Star stats today (target 35+ FP, $15,000-on up).
* C Dwight Howard (19%) there is some value at the center position, but Howard’s matchup is almost too good to pass up even for the price as the Celtics have one of the fifth lowest defensive efficiency ratings versus centers over the last 10 games.
* G Ty Lawson (17%) the Jazz own the worst defensive efficiency rating against point guards over the last 10 games. So we should expect a bounce back game from Lawson who posted just 22 FP in his last game bringing an end to his six game streak of 32-plus FP.
B-rated Ballers: Big name players with big games, but not as high of a price tag as the top five or so priced players at each position (around 30 FP, $12,000-$15,000).
* F Terrence Jones (12.8%) facing a Celtics team that are allowing the most points per game to power forwards over the last 15 days at a little over 24 ppg.
* F Derrick Favors (13.2%) scored 35.50 FP the last time he faced the Nuggets back on December 13th.
C-as in players that COULD be in line to provide you with good to great value in the mid-tier price range (target 25+ FP, $8,000-$12,000).
* G Jose Calderon (10.9%) does not have a very high ceiling, but he will be guarded by Jameer Nelson, who is not 100%, and it is unlikely that Calderon’s percent owned total will be very high tonight.
* G Marco Belinelli (10%) should get some extra opportunities as Manu Ginobili is questionable to play with a sore hamstring and Danny Green sidelined for about four weeks with a fractured left hand.
* F Patrick Patterson (9.5%) has scored in double figures in four of his last five games, including a breakout double-double performance in his last game versus the Nets. Double-P will be facing a Bucks team that is tied with the Lakers for the worst overall rebounding percentage as a team, so another double-double could be in the cards tonight.
* C Enes Kanter (10.9%) could get the start tonight if Marvin Williams does not play due to illness.
* G Randy Foye (11.1%) is averaging 23.6 points on 55% shooting from the field and and four 3-pointers per game over the last five contests and it looks as if Jazz SG Gordon Hayward may miss another game.
* G Victor Oladipo (12%) Arron Afflalo has been ruled out for tonight’s game versus the Mavs.
* C Jonas Valanciunas (11%) has been a little inconsistent of late, but is facing a Bucks team that are allowing the fifth most FP to centers over the last 15 days.
D-Discounted Dandies: Players on the cheap whose production may exceed what their discounted price tag suggests. (Double Digit Fantasy Production, $3,500-$8,000).
* F Quincy Miller (3.5%) averaging 12.5 points, 6.5 boards, and a block per game in his last two games as a starter, and will get the start again tonight as Wilson Chandler will come off the bench as he is still battling a groin injury.
* G Evan Fournier (6.5%) if you have not already noticed almost all Nuggets players are in play tonight.
* G Alec Burks (7.4%) it is not looking good for Gordon Hayward again tonight, which would mean that Burks would again start at shooting guard.
Best of Luck tonight, and for you season long players looking for some help check out this week's Fantasy Basketball Wire Wire Pickups and if you have any questions go rouge and post them in the comments section and/or send me a tweet.