Fantasy Football: Dynasty League Rookies Player Profile: Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Claim Your FREE Entry
Fantasy Football: Dynasty League Rookies Player Profile: Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson by Michael Pichan (@FantasyNomad) [caption id="attachment_16264" align="alignleft" width="300"] Don't sleep on Cordarrelle Patterson.[/caption] WR Cordarrelle Patterson has the talent and the size (6-2, 216 pounds), but may be slightly undervalued on Fantasy Draft Day as a lot of focus has been put on the fact Patterson's college receiving stats last year are not that of what you would expect from a first round talent. Patterson had just one 100-yard receiving game and was not even in the top 10 amongst receivers in his own league. Those facts are true, but figure Patterson played just one year at the University of Tennessee and had to compete for targets on a team of talented wide receivers, and in an inconsistent quarterback. You also do not want to ignore the fact that Patterson had 25 rushes for around 300 yards and three touchdowns and in 28 returns he tallied 772 yards and two touchdowns. So, this is a player that is versatile and dangerous with the capability to make tacklers miss and any flaws he has fall under things that are easier to fix with experience, like route running technique and learning assignments, which could be helped along since Patterson landed on a team that as some veteran receiving talent on it, including the very talented Greg Jennings. Patterson is worth reaching for in Dynasty leagues, especially in leagues that count return yards and I rank him fourth just behind Tavon Austin, Le'Veon Bell, and Gio Benard in PPR formats.
Leave a Comment
- Cam Newton will officially start Sunday
- Julio Jones officially is active Sunday
- Julio Jones (oblique) will play on Sunday
- Zach Randolph is not expected to play on Sunday
- Joe Haden (shoulder) will not play on Sunday
- Titans doing homework Jay Cutler
- T.Y. Hilton appears to be a longshot to play Sun.
- DeMarco Murray is going to play Sunday
- Falcons and Julio are optimistic that he will play
- Antonio Gates totals 92 yards, 2 TD