There is no easy way to earn a million dollars. When you read a phrase like that it just kind of strikes you as a “no, duh!” type of statement. After all, if there was an easy way to earn a million dollars wouldn’t every person on the face of the earth do it?
By now even the most casual of daily fantasy sports player has heard of at least one DFS contest in which the top prize is $1 million dollars. I have played in several myself and what always surprises me is that those contests have nearly all had overlay (meaning not reaching the maximum number of participants). So evidently, everybody wouldn’t give it a go for a chance at a million dollars. Maybe that is because the salary cap style games take time, patience and most icky of all MATH! Ask any junior high student right now if they’d finish off their math book for a chance at a million dollars and you’d be laughed out of study hall.
But what if there is a way to easily play for a million bucks? Some sort of contest in which all you had to do is pick a lineup of players who hit a homerun and then cash your check? It sounds ridiculous for sure but don’t tell the folks at Bet America that because that is precisely what they are doing this baseball season.
As part of their plunge into daily fantasy sports, Bet America has launched their FanEx games by building the absolute simplest way for anybody to win a million dollars. That is not to say it won’t take some smarts, some baseball knowledge and maybe a dash of luck because it will. But predicting homers is a lot easier than trying to compile a team that scores the most points around a salary cap. The Home Run Derby Contest is a daily Pick 9 baseball contest where you simply select 9 players (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, LF, CF, RF, DH) and if they all hit a home run that day you win $1,000,000. I know this sounds a little too simple so for those of you who absolutely must have every detail broken down for you here you go.
Here is how the Bet America FanEx $1 Million Home Run Derby works:
1) First you have to register to play at Bet America. Pretty simple so far huh?
2) Once you have registered, all you have to do is simply go to the FanEx Sports Lobby to see the three different ways to enter. All of the Home Run Derby $1 Million contests will be tagged with the dark gold tag with blue writing saying $1Million. But I’m sure I didn’t need to tell you gold diggers that now did I?
3) Pick a contest. There are three different ways to enter.
a) The first option is a Freeroll that is obviously free for anyone to enter, limited to one entry per person. There is no payout, but if someone has a roster where all 9 players hit a home run that day then they will take home the $1 million prize.
b) Enter the $1 contest with no limit on the number of entries per person. There is no payout, but if someone has a roster where all 9 players hit a home run that day then they will take home the $1 million prize.
c) Enter any Home Run Derby cash game contest for $5.50 or more, and in addition to your regular winnings, Bet America will give you $1 million if all your players hit a home run that day.
4) Pick your roster. This is simple folks. Just select one player at each position that you believe with hit a HR in that day/night’s game. If all nine players go yard you will be walking away with a cool $1 million dollars.
So forget about walks, strikeouts, steals and all of that tom foolery. This game is about going for it all. They say that chicks dig the longball right? You know what the ladies dig even more? A dude with a million bucks in the bank. That is just science.
So that is really all you need to know to get going. Sign up now at Bet America and play in all of their very cool FanEx daily fantasy games. They have got many other options for you hard core DFS players as well. So check them out and please let me know what you think.
If you agree to cut me in on your winnings (only slightly joking) I would be glad to help you select your HR Derby team anytime on Twitter (@Jeff_Mans) or anywhere else you can track me down.
Good luck guys and let’s PLEASE have a member of Fantasy Alarm Nation take home this million bucks!!
Leave a Comment
- Durant injures foot/ankle
- Giannis Antetokounmpo will start Thursday
- Zaza Pachulia will start at center Thursday
- DeMarcus Cousins will start Thursday
- Dwight Howard will play Thursday
- Taj Gibson will not play Thursday
- Tyreke Evans will not play Thursday
- Kendall Wright is active
- Amar'e Stoudemire will start Thursday
- Carmelo Anthony will not play Thursday