Around The Horn: July17, 2012
(1) Joey Votto out 3-4 weeks with knee injury.
(2) Jose Bautista (wrist) placed on DL. Further tests to be run.
(3) Jacoby Ellbury/Carl Crawford return to 1-2 spot for Red Sox.
(4) John Axford to loose closing job?
(5) Dan Haren (back) to return this weekend.
(6) Jeff Francis looking pretty sharp for Rockies.
(7) Brett Wallace close to call-up for Astros.
(8) Phenom Matt Harvey close to starting for Mets?
(9) Justin Upton on trade block - why?
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Cole Hamels takes loss in 1st start of the year
- Zack Greinke K's 11, remains undefeated
- Chris Paul says he will play Thursday
- Andrew McCutchen with a HR in 3 straight games
- Kyle Seager's Two-Homer Night Leads Mariners
- Michael Pineda ejected for foreign substance
- Clayton Kershaw will start Friday for High-A
- Josh Fields Takes Loss With Blown Save
- Aaron Harang Ks 11 in No-Decision
- Josh Johnson will have Tommy John surgery
paging joe smith... RT @pedromoura: Ernesto Frieri's last five outings: 3 2/3 innings, 12 hits, 6 runs, 2 homers, 6/2 SO/BB.
RT @ScottLauber: Those adjustments made by John Lackey after his last start? His line: 8 IP, 7 H, 1 R/ER, 0 BB, 11 K, 111 pitches