ROTW Rankings: Hitters
I get asked all the time, 'hey Ray, can you rank these players for me the rest of the way.' I diligently answer the queries, but with the question being asked so frequently it only made sense for me to come up with a list that I could refer people to. A few caveats before we get to the actual rankings.
(1) Players are only listed at one position so you only find Jose Bautista in the outfield and Jhonny Peralta at shortstop even though they qualify at multiple positions.
(2) I've sprinkled in a few rookies, guys like Brett Lawrie, Jesus Montero and Desmond Jennings, but with so much uncertainty surrounding young players and when/if they will be called up, most of the youngsters currently in the minors were left off the list.
(3) This is the most important point to make – these are Rest of the Way rankings. Jose Bautista might be the #1 fantasy performer right now, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be the best the ROTW. These lists are intended to give my thoughts on how players should be ranked from May 30th on, irrespective of the players production up to this point.
(4) The rankings are based on the standard of a 12 team mixed league using traditional 5x5 categories.
With that, here is the list. I'm sure you'll all have a good time critiquing my thoughts, and I look forward to reading your replies in the COMMENTS section below.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- D-Backs place Trumbo on DL
- Yadier Molina not in the Cardinals lineup Thursday
- K-Rod Earns League-Leaging Ninth Save
- Desmond Jennings Has Three Hits, Two Steals
- Michael Wacha Ks 10 in Four Innings, Loses
- Nelson Cruz Two HR Powers Orioles
- Cole Hamels takes loss in 1st start of the year
- Zack Greinke K's 11, remains undefeated
- Chris Paul says he will play Thursday
- Andrew McCutchen with a HR in 3 straight games