Mike Trout is a disappointment. Can the same be said about Yordano Ventura? What about Billy Hamilton or Gregory Polanco? Matt Kemp has found his groove, Matt Shoemaker has been pretty impressive given where he came from, and for the last three months Pablo Sandoval has been an all-star. Believe any of that? Read on to find out what Ray Flowers thinks.
(image) Yovani Gallardo has made 23 starts this season for the Brewers. He's won six games and will have to have some luck the rest of the way to reach 12 wins for the sixth straight year. After striking out a batter per inning from 2009-12 he slipped to 7.17 per nine last season. This year the number is even lower at 7.02. He's cut his walk rate down to 2.51 so at least his Continue...
Christopher Backhaus - Shoemaker for next week. Kelly doesn't do enough, and Hellickson has little to get excited about.
Hello Ray, Nice article. I was actually looking at 3 SP options to add when I came to read your article. For next week, which is the best bet to add: Hellickson vs Rangers & Yanks Kelly vs Reds & Astros Shoemaker vs Phillies Is Hellickson the best for the long run? I prefer an SP with 2 starts. Also, which you prefer going forward: Beltran, Austin Jackson, Pagan or Coghlan. Thanks
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Jose Calderon is expected to miss 2-3 weeks.
- Yankees activated A-Rod from the restricted list
- Wayne (elbow) did not practice on Thursday
- Rashad Jennings will not play vs. the Colts
- Cubs could announce hiring of Maddon Thurs
- Giants win World Series for 3rd time in five years
- Kevin Martin (ankle) will be inactive Wednesday
- David Lee will not play Wednesday'
- Barea has agreed to contract with the Mavericks
- Rajon Rondo will play for Boston on Wednesday