(image) Charlie Morton is a solid big league hurler. Well, maybe he is. He doesn't strike out many batters, until this year at least, but he takes the ball, gives the Pirates innings, and has been on a nice run of late. What is his value in the second half of the season – is he anything more than a depth option or is he someone you can count on?
2008: Made 15 starts and 16 appearances with a 6.15 ERA and 1.62 WHIP going 4-8 for the Braves.
2009: Went 5-9 in his first year with the Pirates improving his ERA to 4.55 and lowering his WHIP to 1.46 over 97 innings.
2010: His record fell even further into the toilet as he went 2-12 over 17 starts. He saw his ratios explode to simply atrocious levels (7.57 ERA, 1.73). It's shocking the Pirates kept Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Russell Westbrook out 4-6 weeks with broken hand
- Rusell Westbrook Out After Hand Injury
- Khiry Robinson is inactive
- Amar'e Stoudemire will come off the bench
- Uehara signed to a 2-yr contract extension w/ Sox
- Kawhi Leonard is cleared to play Friday
- Kevin Martin (ankle) will play on Thursday
- Angels exercised 2015 club option on Huston Street
- Nationals decline options on LaRoche & Soriano
- Nats exercised Denard Span's 9 million option