2014 Fantasy Baseball Player Profile: Charlie Morton
(image) Charlie Morton is a solid big league hurler. Well, maybe he is. He doesn't strike out many batters, until this year at least, but he takes the ball, gives the Pirates innings, and has been on a nice run of late. What is his value in the second half of the season – is he anything more than a depth option or is he someone you can count on?
2008: Made 15 starts and 16 appearances with a 6.15 ERA and 1.62 WHIP going 4-8 for the Braves.
2009: Went 5-9 in his first year with the Pirates improving his ERA to 4.55 and lowering his WHIP to 1.46 over 97 innings.
2010: His record fell even further into the toilet as he went 2-12 over 17 starts. He saw his ratios explode to simply atrocious levels (7.57 ERA, 1.73). It's shocking the Pirates kept Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Aldon Smith has been suspended 9 games
- Bengals cut RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis
- 3 game suspension stands for Jerome Simpson
- Murphy has been placed on the 15-day DL
- Kyle Van Noy underwent abdominal surgery
- Sergio Romo to share closing duties
- Sammy Watkins has a rib injury
- Daniel Murphy (calf) is getting MRI
- Arian Foster will not play Thursday
- Venters MRI revealed he re-tore ligament in elbow