(image) Charlie Morton is a solid big league hurler. Well, maybe he is. He doesn't strike out many batters, until this year at least, but he takes the ball, gives the Pirates innings, and has been on a nice run of late. What is his value in the second half of the season – is he anything more than a depth option or is he someone you can count on?
2008: Made 15 starts and 16 appearances with a 6.15 ERA and 1.62 WHIP going 4-8 for the Braves.
2009: Went 5-9 in his first year with the Pirates improving his ERA to 4.55 and lowering his WHIP to 1.46 over 97 innings.
2010: His record fell even further into the toilet as he went 2-12 over 17 starts. He saw his ratios explode to simply atrocious levels (7.57 ERA, 1.73). It's shocking the Pirates kept Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Leonard will start & have no minutes limit Friday
- Rubio reached agreement on a 4-yr $56 million deal
- Orioles declined Nick Markakis $17.5 mil option
- Surgery is now a consideration for Westbrook
- Buxton (finger) underwent surgery Friday
- Cavs officially signed Varejao to an extension
- Colby Lewis will test the free agent market
- Warriors and Thompson agree on new deal
- Cubs announce hiring of Joe Maddon
- Yankees to extend a qualifying offer to Robertson