(image) Charlie Morton is a solid big league hurler. Well, maybe he is. He doesn't strike out many batters, until this year at least, but he takes the ball, gives the Pirates innings, and has been on a nice run of late. What is his value in the second half of the season – is he anything more than a depth option or is he someone you can count on?
2008: Made 15 starts and 16 appearances with a 6.15 ERA and 1.62 WHIP going 4-8 for the Braves.
2009: Went 5-9 in his first year with the Pirates improving his ERA to 4.55 and lowering his WHIP to 1.46 over 97 innings.
2010: His record fell even further into the toilet as he went 2-12 over 17 starts. He saw his ratios explode to simply atrocious levels (7.57 ERA, 1.73). It's shocking the Pirates kept Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Emmanuel Sanders Scores 3 TD's in TNF
- Mets interested in free-agent Michael Cuddyer
- Lincecum's back MRI came back clean
- Tigers expected to pick up Soria's option
- Steve Nash will miss 2014-15 NBA season
- Mets officially hired Kevin Long
- Phillies signed Grady Sizemore to 1-year deal
- Clowney could play Sunday against the Titans
- Robinson will start at RB vs. Dolphins on Sunday
- Durant is out of a cast and into a walking boot