Daily Trends: June 11th
Wednesday, June 11th. We will talk BVP. There will also be mentions of Bigfoot and dog doody. Yes, we hit it from all angles with Fantasy Alarm. From the mundane to the classy, we've got you covered.
* NOTE: Players are listed in alphabetical order for the sake of making them easily sortable/findable. The matchups are also generated based on Batter vs. Pitcher data. Just because a player is not listed does not mean that he is a bad or good play. The players listed below are mentioned merely because of the BVP data for the matchup.
ritch goldstein - I would try very hard not to give up on Kipnis. Slow start? OK, but he's got a hit in 8-straight games, has stolen three bases, has six RBIs his last two games, has scored seven runs in his last six games. He's rolling, much better than the struggling Zobrist. If Zobrist and Latos are doing their thing its a huge win. Zobrist hasnt done that all year and Latos was supp to be fine for opening day and it will be mid-June before he throws his first pitch. Very risky.
Dean Breakfield - You're welcome. Team A - Hawkins is terrible. Hicks not much better (Giants might add a 2B - maybe even Scutaro). Stanton is elite. I wrote about Estrada above Team B - Greinke is elite. Marte/Segura very solid. Given needs the deal works. I'd rather have side B given parameters.
Ray, a trade question: I got offered a trade, Ben Zobrist AND Matt Latos FOR Jason Kipnis. I have Kipnis. I play in a 10 team, mixed, points, H2H league. My pitching is DL depleted and weak right now. Am I giving up on Kipnis and giving in to his slow start ? Or take the deal and whistle. Ritch
Sir Ray,team A needs Ks and steals and team B needs HR and RBIs... any opinions on this trade offer? Team A ·Hawkins, LaTroy RP COL ·Hicks, Brandon SS SF ·Stanton, Giancarlo RF MIA ·Estrada, Marco SP MIL Team B ·Greinke, Zack SP LAD ·Marte, Starling CF PIT ·Segura, Jean SS MIL
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Titans agreed to terms with Jurrell Casey
- Rockies place Wilin Rosario on the 15-day DL
- Bogaerts cleared MLB's concussion protocols
- Cardinals reached agreement with Tommy Kelly
- Wright & Murphy out Mets lineup Wednesday
- Rizzo (back) not in the Cubs lineup Wednesday
- Doc Rivers signs extension
- Gordon suspended for a year
- Vikings wont hesitate to bench Cassel
- Adrian Peterson to be used differently
felt good about it ... usually don't. lol RT @DLF_Jeff: Great show today Ray ... you were on fire.
@FFbigga gotta follow for response
RT @Royals: Liam Hendriks goes 7.0 innings in his Royals debut, allowing just 1 run, 4 hits and no walks with 5 strikeouts.
RT @matthewpouliot: Revere has lowest OPS:BA ratio (.690/.309 = 2.233) of a batting title qualifier since Kirby Puckett in 1984 (.655/.296)