BABIP: Skill Meets Luck
Baseball is not immune to the phenomena of acronyms and in fact it might be one of the worst offenders in the entire universe: OPS, HR/F, LOB%, PECTOA, WAR… the list goes on and on. In what follows I will be talking about BABIP which stands for Batting Average on Balls in Play. You've heard of it no doubt, but do you really understand it? I'll try and explain a little bit about it before digging into the guts of it and looking at 2014 performances.Continue...
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Reynolds goes yard twice in Brewers win
- Cespedes homers twice, leaves with thumb injury
- Neftali Feliz named Rangers new closer
- Dombrowski confirms Nathan will remain closer
- Tigers To Acquire Joakim Soria
- Jorge De La Rosa struck out a season-high 11
- Tony Romo expected be ready when camp opens
- Jamaal Charles reaches extension with Chiefs
- Astros placed OF George Springer on 15-day DL
- Jamaal Charles not in camp, making him a holdout