Daily Trends: April 17th
Who are the best and worst plays for Thursday, April 17th? Our very own Oracle, Ray Flowers, has mined the data, scoured the stats, surveyed the landscape and come up with a list of batters and pitchers to target, or avoid, for game action Thursday.Continue...
Dave - As tempting as it is to drop Gyorko or Hill for Dozier, I cannot support that. Read Dozier's player profile: http://www.fantasyalarm.com/articles/flowers/10013/player-profile-brian-dozier/
Troy Paulsen - It's not been enough time to downgrade Lawrie completely. I'm actually happy he's been healthy. I like the deal. Iwakuma has just as good a shot as Kazmir to make 25 starts ROTW, and I think Lawrie should be a fine fill in until ZiImmerman is back.
Hey Ray. What's your thoughts on Brett Lawrie ROY? I was deep at SP and needed to replace Zimmerman and obviously very thin on the waiver wire. Traded Kazmir and Estrada for Lawrie and Iwakuma. If Lawrie does well could slide him to utility spot once Zimmerman comes back. Troy
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Ian Desmond goes 5-for-5, hits 17th home run
- A-Gone Reaches Base Five Times Against Pirates
- Cliff Lee Clubbed by Giants in Return
- Mariners option Justin Smoak to Triple-A Tacoma
- Adam Jones homered twice in win over Angels
- Teheran K’s 11 in no-decision vs Marlins
- Cuddyer (shoulder) could be back mid-August
- Ray McCallum named Summer League Finals MVP
- David Ortiz homered twice, passes Yaz
- Byron Buxton (wrist) x-rays negative
View from my room on Oahu... http://t.co/cZgzjPQecj
I'm off to Hawaii. July 21-28 I will be working on my savage tan. Won't be on twitter much. For more see - http://t.co/5EVEyLJxm9