Sign in to follow this  
dodger1821

Cut or hold Marte?

Hey everybody.  First time posting and new to this and I am sure this is a topic that has been touched on a lot past few days, but here goes.  I am in a H2H 10 team league.  My first year in this league and it was a auction style draft with 1 keeper, which in this case I did not keep Marte.  I ask this because this league is different from the other normal H2H leagues because when it comes to moves your allowed 1 per week and a total of 18 all season till playoffs.  the kicker about making a move is you pay per move and same goes for trades which are unlimited.  I felt that I did a good job drafting my team for my first ever auction draft, but now this hit me like a ton of bricks.  This league also has a ton of categories, so just about any stat you can think of is in there.  Now I have been going back and forth about keeping or dumping Marte.  First, thing I was going to do was drop Davis or Broxton for a new OF, but then if I drop Marte I will hold onto them for now.  I was thinking of adding Judge, Souza, Ender Inciarte, or Jay Bruce and I am sure I missed some others.  I have some other speed guys so I figure I could go for power.  My last idea was to dump Marte and add Ian Desmond.  I feel thats kind of a gamble, but hey why not.  So there it is, yes kind of a different league, but I love a challenge along with baseball.  Thanks for any help!

C- Kyle Scwarber 

1B- Joey Votto

2B- Cano

SS - Carlos Correa (keeper from last year who's team I took over)

3B - Josh Donaldson DL

OF- Wil Myers

OF - Billy Hamilton

OF - Marcel Ozuna

UTL- Pedroia 

Bench - Keon Broxton, Rajah Davis, Mikkel Franco, Starlin Marte*

I have another DL slot but Steven Matz is taking that up.

Considering it's a 10-team league and you have SBs covered by Hamilton, you can drop Marte, in my opinion. Jay Bruce is great power, though a little streaky at times for H2H. I love what Judge is doing and that power is real. Not sure what your pitching is like, but I'd rather stash Desmond on my DL than Matz. In a league this size, pitching is ABUNDANT! If this were my team, I'd lose Marte and Davis, add Bruce and Judge and then swap out Matz for Desmond. You may have to sream that out a little based on your pick-up restrictions, but with these rosters and what's available, I want the best of the best on my team. Good luck!

• Like 1

Awesome thank you!  I was debating between cutting Davis or Keon Broxton because both are off to bad starts, but I can see where Broxton has the upside and the Brewers have a lot of young talent.

here is my pitching if this helps:

SP- Cueto, Tanaka, Darvish, Estrada, Rich Hill, Fulmer, Cotton and Lackey - Matz DL

RP- Kimbrel, Oh, and Iglesias 

I agree with Howard. Maybe 50 games from now if you have the flexibility to stash him for the stretch run, it's not a bad idea, but right now he's just taking up valuable space. 10-team leagues have the best waiver-wires, damn.

If I'm ranking those FA's (at full health): 1) Desmond 2) Bruce 3) Judge 4) Inciarte 5) Souza Jr.

The thing that sucks in this league is every transaction you make is $10 bucks.  So for the season, you get a total of 18 adds with the first one being free.  After that each add is $10 bucks.  Same with trades.  If I make a trade with another team and lets say its a 2 for 2.  That trade will cost me $20 bucks.  I guess you can say I am looking so much into this because my moves are limited and I have already used 2 of my 18 because I had a few players hit the DL.