Sign in to follow this  
JeffHers

Kemp Return for om DL

So I have Matt Kemp returning from the dl.

Gotta drop someone, from the group below.

1b: Carpenter, Zimmerman, Duda

OF: Bryant, Betts, Pollock, Bruce, Renfroe, Grichuk.

So basically it comes down to Grichuk, Renfroe, Zimmerman, or Duda.

I am stuck on who to drop...Probably from OF group though I do use Bryant at 3b a lot.

Advice Ray? Bender? Anybody else?

Edited by JeffHers

What is the format? points vs. roto could make a huge difference here. Do you have to active Kemp today? can you wait and see if Duda hits the DL? If not, I think I would just drop Duda, since I'm guessing he winds up on the DL sooner than later. If it turns out Duda is fine, then I'd probably drop Renfroe. Renfroe is basically the same as Duda anyway, except less proven. 

12 team Roto. Do not have to activate Kemp today. Only DL restriction is we can't make any trades or waiver signings if we have an eligible player in a DL spot.

This is just me, but I would cut Duda.  Eliminates a combo on your roster and Bruce will be 1B eligible shortly.  I have Zimmerman and I like what he is doing so far.  He trained with Murphy in the off-season to work on his swing and he is healthy finally.   

On 4/20/2017 at 7:58 AM, JeffHers said:

So I have Matt Kemp returning from the dl.

Gotta drop someone, from the group below.

1b: Carpenter, Zimmerman, Duda

OF: Bryant, Betts, Pollock, Bruce, Renfroe, Grichuk.

So basically it comes down to Grichuk, Renfroe, Zimmerman, or Duda.

I am stuck on who to drop...Probably from OF group though I do use Bryant at 3b a lot.

Advice Ray? Bender? Anybody else?

Not really a big fan of Duda either, but both Duda and Grichuk are going to be sitting out a good amount with the crowded OF/1B situations. Conforto and Bruce are playing well, and Granderson is one of Collins's favorites. I like Grichuk, but he's the odd man. Oh, and if strikeouts are a category, Renfroe is probably the highest on my drop list.