WinView Games Playbook: Giants vs Cubs - July 10
Tom Vecchio breaks down Tuesday's matchup between the Giants vs Cubs to give you his take on what to watch for in this MLB contest on WinView Games.
The Fantasy Football Draft Guide is LIVE - Draft like a PRO with rankings, sleepers, rookies, busts, strategies, player profiles, breakdown of all 32 teams, most in-depth Draft Evaluator available and LIVE CHAT with our analysts while you draft! CLICK HERE AND GET 50% OFF INSTANTLY!
Chicago Cubs at San Francisco Giants
Chicago Cubs -110
Game Total: 8
Game Play Predictions
- The Cubs come into this game in the top six for several offensive categories. They are 4th in runs scored, 2nd in batting average, 1st in on-base percentage, and 6th in slugging percentage.
- They have five players who have ISOs sitting over .170 vs left-handed pitchers this season. Willson Contreras , Javier Báez , Addison Russell , Ian Happ , and David Bote .
- The Cubs also have a few hitters who really struggle vs left-handed pitchers, with ISOs under .120. Anthony Rizzo , Kyle Schwarber , Jason Heyward , Ben Zobrist .
- They have scored five or more runs in eight of their last 10 games while giving up five or more runs, six times.
- José Quintana is on the mound tonight for the Cubs and he comes in with a 21% strikeout rate, 10% walk rate, and a 43% ground ball rate. He has given up three or fewer earned runs in six of his last seven starts.
- Quintana has given up two or more walks in each of his last 10 starts, while only racking up six or more strikeouts five times.
- The Cubs have a 104 wRC+ as a team vs left-handed pitchers, which is ninth best in the league this season.
San Francisco Giants
- The Giants have a team wOBA sitting at .296 vs left-handed pitchers this season, which is seventh worst in the league.
- The Giants have six hitters who have wOBA’s over .300 vs left-handed pitchers this season. Buster Posey , Nick Hundley , Andrew McCutchen , Brandon Belt , Brandon Crawford , Gorkys Hernández .
- Derek Holland has been strong vs lefties this season, but very weak vs righties. He is giving up a .225 wOBA to lefties and a .358 wOBA to righties.
- The Giants are below league average in several pitching categories. They are 17th in ERA, 17th in WHIP, 21st in BAA, but 9th in quality starts.
- They are also below average in a few offensive categories. They are 21st in runs scored, 16th in on-base percentage, 20th in slugging percentage, and 8th in batting average.
- The Giants come in tonight with an implied run total sitting at 3.73, which is sixth lowest on the slate.
- They have a 22% strikeout rate vs left-handed pitchers, which isn’t that high, so they should be able to jump on Quintana, who is giving up 1.19 HR/9 to lefties and 1.43 HR/9 to righties.
FantasyAlarm TVView All
Player AlarmsView All
C. Bellinger - RF
Bellinger went 1-for-3 with a solo home run and a walk in a victory over the Cubs on Sunday.
K. Jansen - RP
Jansen worked a scoreless ninth inning to earn the save against the Cubs on Sunday, allowing a hit and a walk.
H. Ryu - SP
Ryu did not factor into the decision against the Cubs on Sunday, pitching seven innings and giving up two unearned runs on seven hits. He struck out eight and did not walk a batter.
J. Quintana - SP
Quintana did not factor into the decision against the Dodgers on Sunday, pitching five innings and giving up two runs on six hits and three walks while striking out three.
R. Laureano - CF
Laureano went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in Sunday's loss to Seattle.
K. Davis - DH
Davis went 1-for-4 with a solo home run in a loss to Seattle on Sunday.
M. Smith - CF
Smith went 2-for-5 with a two-run home run in Sunday's victory over Oakland.
R. Elías - RP
Elias picked up a save by pitching a clean ninth inning against Oakland on Sunday.