WinView Games Playbook: New England Patriots vs Kansas City Chiefs
Jon Impemba breaks down the pre-game props for WinView Games AFC Championship NFL contest
New England Patriots vs Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs: -3
Game Total: 56
1) Who wins Sunday’s game? New England or Kansas City? NE 2.7x // KC 2.4x
Now this is going to be a big one here in my opinion because I feel many are going to go with KC as they are home and the favorites. There is a lot of hate towards the Patriots as well. All of this makes for the Patriots to be a great contrarian play in my opinion at the 2.7x multiplier.
2) Both teams combine to score 60 or more points in Sunday’s game. Yes 2.9x // No 2x
So the game total is set at 56 so Vegas is thinking this game could certainly go under 60 points given the line. These two teams combined for 83 points in their first meeting this year. I am going to go with YES for this one. The Chiefs defense is poor and their offense is just too explosive. I think both teams get into the 30s here.
I am actually going to go with a YES here because I think the Patriots will be running with Sony Michel when in the red zone and they may take away from some of Brady’s passing touchdowns.
4) New England records more total rushing yards than Kansas City in Sunday’s game. Yes 2.0x // No 3x
I am going to go with a YES for this one. The Patriots should have the better ground game and I think the Patriots will utilize their running game in an effort to keep the Chiefs offense on the field and the Chiefs bad defense on it.
5) Julian Edelman and Tyreke Hill combine for 195 or more total receiving yards in Sunday’s game. Yes 3.4x // No 2.2x
I am surprised to see the YES be a 3.4x multiplier seeing as these two receivers are the go to targets for both QB. So I will be going with a YES here, it wouldn’t shock me to see both go for 100 yards in this one.
I am going to go with a NO for this one. I don’t see Burkhead being overly involved to where he will be finding the end zone. Watkins is certainly the wild card but I am expecting him to be covered by Stephon Gilmore who was First Team All-Pro this year.
7) Either New England or Kansas City makes a successful FG of 49 or more yards in Sunday’s game. Yes 3.9x // No 1.8x
I am going to go with a NO for this one. Both offenses should be able to move the football but its also going to be pretty cold as the game goes on and it is hard to connect on long field goals in that weather.
8) Cordarrelle Patterson and Tyreke Hill each record a rushing attempt in Sunday’s game. Yes 2.6x // No 2.1x
I am going to go with a YES for this. Both teams like to run the Jet Sweep and though Philip Dorsett saw those carries against the Chargers I see Patterson and Hill both getting chances in this game.
I am going to go with a NO for this prop. Gronk has been a shell of himself all season long due to a rumored achilles injury and the Patriots have largely done a good job at shutting down Kelce over the years.
10) At least 1 field goal is made in every quarter of Sunday’s game. Yes 4.6x // No 1.5x
I am going to go with YES for this prop just because of the high multiplier and the fact that I expect these offenses to move the football and often be in field goal range.
11) New England and Kansas City combine to record at least two interceptions in Sunday’s game. Yes 3.1x // No 2.2x
I am going to go with YES for this one. I think both teams get an INT in this game.
12) Either New England or Kansas City successfully convert a 2-point conversion in Sunday’s game. Yes 4.8x // No 1.6x
I am going to go with a NO for this one. I don’t see either team attempting a 2-point conversion during this contest.
13) Either New England or Kansas City record 410 or more total offensive yards in Sunday’s game. Yes 2.5x // No 2.0x
I am going to go with a YES for this one. I think we see both QB’s up over 300 yards passing and both running games should be good for 70+ yards in their own right.
14) Either team records an offensive play of 45 or more in Sunday’s game. Yes 3.3x // No 2.2x
I am going to go with a NO for this one. The Patriots aren’t usually ones for the big play and while the Chiefs are known for their big play I can see the Patriots making sure they take that away today.
15) Any player records 150 or more total rushing yards or 200 or more total receiving yards in Sunday’s game. Yes 5x // No 1.5x
I mean, if you want to be contrarian then I think you put your risk free one shot on the 5x for this one and hope that Tyreke Hill has himself a hell of a day as he seems like the only likely player to cross these thresh holds but No is the safe bet.
Sun, Apr 21st
Sun, Apr 21st
|Roger Norris Jr||15700|