PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Brown's teammate Reggie Ragland lined up with the third-team defense Tuesday, the Bills' final practice before Thursday's preseason opener, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News reports.
- Brown has taken nearly all the starting reps at middle linebacker thus far in camp while his competition, Reggie Ragland, continues to run with the second team at multiple spots, Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com reports.
- Brown began the team's first training camp practice as the starting middle linebacker while Reggie Ragland ran with the second team, Joe Buscaglia of 7 ABC Buffalo reports.
- Brown is expected to compete with second-year man Reggie Ragland for the starting middle linebacker spot, Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com reports.
- Preston Brown totaled a team high 11 tackles in the Bills 35-25 loss to the Redskins on Sunday.
- Preston Brown totaled a team high nine tackles in the Bills 30-21 win over the Texans on Sunday.
|Game||Score||Opp||TKL||AST||SCK||SFTY||FF||FFREC||Pass Def||DST TDs|
|11 Sep||L 13 - 7||@ Ravens||8||0||0||0||0||1||0||-|
|15 Sep||L 37 - 31||Jets||8||8||0||0||1||0||0||-|
|25 Sep||W 33 - 18||Cardinals||3||1||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|02 Oct||W 16 - 0||@ Patriots||3||4||0||0||0||1||0||-|
|09 Oct||W 30 - 19||@ Rams||6||1||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|16 Oct||W 45 - 16||49ers||7||2||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|23 Oct||L 28 - 25||@ Dolphins||5||0||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|30 Oct||L 41 - 25||Patriots||6||1||1||0||0||0||0||-|
|07 Nov||L 31 - 25||@ Seahawks||3||3||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|20 Nov||W 16 - 12||@ Bengals||4||0||0||0||0||0||1||-|
|27 Nov||W 28 - 21||Jaguars||6||6||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|04 Dec||L 38 - 24||@ Raiders||4||3||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|11 Dec||L 27 - 20||Steelers||8||3||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|18 Dec||W 33 - 13||Browns||5||1||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|24 Dec||L 34 - 31||Dolphins||8||5||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|01 Jan||L 30 - 10||@ Jets||10||3||0||0||0||0||0||-|
Bills TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- Matthews (chest) is participating in some drills during Tuesday's practice, Joe Buscaglia of 7 ABC Buffalo reports.
- Poyer, who missed most of the 2016 campaign due to a lacerated kidney, has been healthy and productive throughout training camp and the preseason, Canio Manasco of the Bills' official site reports. "He's been flying under the radar, his role on this defense is vital," said coach McDermott. "He communicates well back there for us, he's one the quarterbacks along with Micah [Hyde], the defense and the secondary...Love the way he plays, love his brand of football; Works extremely hard, and really personifies what we're about - With the hard work, with the toughness, he puts the team first. All those characteristics are what we're about."
- Bills head coach Sean McDermott said Tuesday that Matthews (chest) is on schedule for Week 1, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports.
- Croom (ankle) reverted to injured reserve Monday.
- Matthews (chest) is optimistic about his availability for the Week 1 matchup with the Jets, but remains unsure whether he'll see any snaps in the preseason, Chris Brown of the Bills' official site reports.
- Gaines suffered a hamstring injury during Sunday's practice, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports.