PLAYER NEWS Own for Only $--
- Swearinger appears likely to start at free safety for the Redskins this season, John Keim of ESPN.com reports. "He just looks like a safety back there," head coach Jay Gruden noted. "He has got a lot of talent. We know that he's a physical guy, but as far as coverages and breaking up things, he's got a lot of confidence and he's going to really, really emerge as a top safety not only for this team but in this league."
- Swearinger signed a three-year, $13.5 million contract with the Redskins on Thursday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
- Cardinals assigned the low tender to restricted free agent safety D.J. Swearinger.
- Cardinals promote S D.J. Swearinger from practice squad.
- D.J. Swearinger has been signed to the Cardinals' practice squad.
- The Buccaneers have released D.J. Swearinger.
|Game||Score||Opp||TKL||AST||SCK||SFTY||FF||FFREC||Pass Def||DST TDs|
|12 Sep||L 38 - 16||Steelers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|18 Sep||L 27 - 23||Cowboys||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|25 Sep||W 29 - 27||@ Giants||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|02 Oct||W 31 - 20||Browns||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|09 Oct||W 16 - 10||@ Ravens||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|16 Oct||W 27 - 20||Eagles||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|23 Oct||L 20 - 17||@ Lions||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|30 Oct||T 27 - 27||@ Bengals||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|13 Nov||W 26 - 20||Vikings||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|20 Nov||W 42 - 24||Packers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|24 Nov||L 31 - 26||@ Cowboys||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|04 Dec||L 31 - 23||@ Cardinals||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||-|
|11 Dec||W 27 - 22||@ Eagles||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|19 Dec||L 23 - 15||Panthers||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|24 Dec||W 41 - 21||@ Bears||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|01 Jan||L 19 - 10||Giants||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Redskins TEAM NEWS Own for Only $--
- While he's happy about Perine's growth, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday that he still has full confidence in Rob Kelley and is excited about having the second-year player as his starting running back, Mike Jones of The Washington Post reports.
- Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday that he has full confidence in Rob Kelley and is excited about having him as the starter, Mike Jones of The Washington Post reports.
- Galette (hamstring) was an active participant during Wednesday's practice, Mike Jones of The Washington Post reports.
- Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Reed (toe) was a full participant at Wednesday's practice, Mike Jones of The Washington Post reports.
- Reed (toe) took the practice field Wednesday, running in individual and 1-on-1 drills, John Keim of ESPN.com reports.
- Long underwent a minor knee scope, Master Tesfatsion of The Washington Post reports.