IT'S HUGEA Living Draft Guide gets BIGGER Every Day - Download the 395 Page Masterpiece - Just Updated
The Chargers camp has said that this latest offer was their best possible offer for Bosa, but Bosa's representatives declined the offer and now both sides are at a standstill yet again. It is rumored that the contract had an incredibly high cash payout in the first season, which was around 15 million dollars but apparently that didn't work for Bosa. The number three overall pick is now in jeopardy of missing regular season time as he's been absent for all of the Chargers training camp so far. It appears as though the Chargers will now give him a lesser offer due to the fact that his missing so much time will hamper his ability to get on the field and be ready for the 2016 season.
Earlier reports today had the Patriots outright releasing Stork, but it appears as though they've dealt him to the Redskins in exchange for a conditional draft pick. Stork was a fourth round pick for the Patriots back in 2014 and started in 11 games his rookie season. The 25-year-old appeared in just six contests last season and has been plagued by concussions throughout the past year, but he represents great value for the Redskins if he can remain healthy.
Langford's left foot was stepped on during the Bears preseason game last Thursday, and he missed a couple of practices due to lingering pain in the foot, but it appears as though he's feeling a lot better as he participated on a limited basis in practice today. It wouldn't be surprising if Langford didn't play in the Bears third preseason game as a precaution, but he will be ready to go and fully healthy come Week 1. The 24-year-old is the incumbent starter at running back for Chicago now after Matt Forte went to the Jets in free agency.
Ramirez, who played in six straight games for the Sox prior to today's contest, will get a routine night off as Boston faces off against Matt Andriese and the Tampa Rays. Hanley has been swinging a hot bat this month as he's hitting .288 with three home runs and 16 RBIs. Travis Shaw will get the start at first base tonight and will be hitting eighth for Boston.
Although Cespedes has said that he plans to play out the 3-year deal, sources have said that they would be surprised if he didn't opt out after this season in order to sign a huge long-term deal worth significantly more than $25 million a year. However, Cespedes loves playing in New York and is happy to be in the Mets organization, so it wouldn't be a total shocker if he decides to forego the extra money and play out his deal in Queens. The 30-year-old has been fantastic when healthy for the Mets this season, slugging an eye-popping .570 and hitting 25 home runs in just under 400 plate appearances.
Floyd, who chosen by the Bears in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft, is dealing with a leg/hamstring injury that held him out of practice back on Sunday. Coach John Fox has said that the injury isn't serious and that he's been limited in practice simply as a precaution. It'll be interesting to see what type of impact the No. 9 overall pick out of Georgia will be able to make on the Bears defense this season.
Perriman struggled with drops during his college career at the University of Central Florida, where his drop percentage was a staggering 14 percent in his senior season. Perriman has had two knee injuries since being drafted, but it's good to see that he's improved his pass-catching ability which should help him once he finally makes his way onto the field for the Ravens. The Ravens selected him with the 26th overall pick back in 2015, but he failed to appear in a single game due to his knee injuries.
The Cardinals decided to play it safe with Fitzgerald and hold him out of practice after he pushed himself a bit too hard yesterday. Fitzgerald had an MCL scare earlier this week, but he appears to be fine and should be good to go come Week 1. The 32-year-old had an incredibly productive season for Arizona last year, catching 109 balls for 1215 yards and nine touchdowns.
Today was simply a routine day off for Palmer, as the Cardinals decided to give him a day to rest and recuperate. The 36-year-old is coming off a fantastic year where he lead the Cardinals to a 13-3 record while throwing for 4671 yards and 35 touchdowns. If Palmer can remain healthy again this season he should be a great fantasy option at the quarterback position and should guide the Cardinals to another playoff appearance this year.
Rondon was placed on the disabled list exactly one week ago due to a triceps strain, but it appears as though he's feeling better as of late and played catch without any problems earlier today. He should be ready to go once he's eligible to come off the disabled list on the fourth of September, barring any setbacks. The 28-year-old posted a 2.47 ERA in 45 games with the Cubs earlier this season and notched 18 saves along the way.