Week 15 Fantasy Football Pass Targets Winners and Losers
The last couple weeks of Fantasy Football have either been the most exciting, or frustrating, weeks of the season depending on what end of the stick you were on. Two weeks ago we saw the weather throw a wrench into some of our planning and player productions, and benefit the production of some other players. This past week we saw plenty of backup players dominate, while some big contract players either disappointed, or did not even play. Hopefully you were on the benefitting side of these one week wonders and/or either owned, or did not have to face, Jamaal Charles and his NFL record setting performance. If you made it to your league finals I want to be one of the first to congratulate you and if you did not, well at least we still have two more weeks of regular season daily league play to enjoy and hopefully win some coin. And with that in mind, I will try and taylor some of my analysis more towards the daily league side of things in this week’s edition of Target Winners and Losers. (Any salary percents will be from DraftStreet and for more Daily League recommendations be sure to check back on Saturday for our Week 15 Daily League Sleepers and Value Plays).
|3 players with 12 targets|
Wide Receiver Target Winners
* In five of Kendall Wright’s last six games he has seen seven or more targets, reeled in six or more receptions, and tallied 77 or more yards receiving and will be facing a Jaguars defense that has allowed an average of 217 yards receiving and a total of five touchdowns to receivers over their last three games making Wright worth a start in both season long and DFS play this week (only 8.7% of your cap).
* Any thoughts of Julian Edelman being a flash in the pan have gone out the window has he has seen nine or more targets over his last four games, scored four touchdowns over that span, and has over 100 yards receiving in three of his last four games including 13 receptions for 139 yards and a score this past week.
* Nick Foles does not just like Riley Cooper as DeSean Jackson has now scored a touchdown in back-to-back games and all three players are in play this week as the Eagles take on the Bears at home.
* Danny Amendola has become the biggest beneficiary of Gronk being out for the season as he seen 21 targets over his last two games, his highest two week total since the first two weeks of the season, (Gronk was out then too). Amendola tied his season-high with 10 receptions and and had his highest yards receiving of the season with 131 this past week. While Edelman’s price has skyrocketed on daily league sites, Amendola’s has remained reasonable making him the Patriots value play of the week. (Taking Amednola over Edelman in DFS will save you about 3K).
* If you have not bought into Marques Colston’s resurgence now is the time to do so as he has been targeted 25 times with 17 receptions for 92-plus yards receiving over his last two games, including a nine catch 125 yards two touchdown performance two week’s ago against this Sunday’s opponent the Carolina Panthers.
* Greg Jennings should buy Matt Cassel some very nice Christmas presents as Jennings has been his top targeted receiver each of the last three weeks. I would be leery of investing in Jennings in DFS play, unless the Bengals top two corners are out again this week, but I would definitely consider him as a high-end WR3 option in season-long leagues for Week 16.