Week 14 Fantasy Football Pass Targets Winners and Losers
Week 14 will go down as one of the all-time wackiest weeks in Fantasy Football history. We were greeted with a few games that were met with some of the crappiest weather we have seen in a long time, including a Lions/Eagles where we could barely see what was going on at the start of the game (and the Lions did not seem to see what was going on in the second half). But, as nasty as the weather was, ironically, we witnessed the most touchdowns scored in a week in the history of the NFL, I still can’t believe that. And what will make this past week stick out in our minds the most is that amongst all that, it was the first round of the Fantasy Football playoffs for many of us. Well hopefully you benefited more from all the touchdowns that were scored, rather than have been hindered by the weather conditions, (or someone deciding it was more fun to slide in the snow rather than score a touchdown), and advanced into the next round of your Fantasy League Playoffs or cashed in your DFS contests. So with that, I have a few more things that stood out in the action from Week 14, and that is your Target winners and losers of the week.
Wide Receiver Target Winners
|6 players with 10 targets|
* Andre Johnson continues to be a regular weekly target winner, despite inconsistent quarterback play, and he and the Texans will be facing a Colts defense that has allowed the seventh most Fantasy Points to receivers and have allowed multiple touchdowns to receivers in five of their last seven games. (The Titans were the only team not to have a receiver reach the end zone in this span of seven games).
* Marques Colston almost cost me a spot in the next round of our Fantasy Alarm in-house league as my opponent, Wayne Bretsky, had the nerve to start a receiver who had just one touchdown since Week 1, and was facing one of the best defenses in the league in the Carolina Panthers. (Anyone who has won or lost by less than a point you may enjoy the final score between Bretsky and I http://t.co/uE6H1x2BDX another reason Week 14 will a thing of Fantasy lore). As for Colston, it appears he may have earned himself another start this week as a WR3.
* Larry Fitzgerald will have a tough matchup this week, but regardless you are gonna roll with a guy who has scored at least one touchdown in five of his last six games, including five scores in his last four games.
* As if Eric Decker’s stock could not get any higher, (16 receptions on 24 targets for 291 yards receiving and five touchdowns over his last two games), now the Broncos will be without Wes Welker (concussion) for Thursday’s matchup against a Chargers defense that is allowing the sixth most Fantasy Points to receivers on the season.
* I would not trust Marlon Brown, who was Fantasy relevant for only the second time all season, but it seems like you may want to trust Stevie Johnson this week against a Jags team that has allowed 565 yards receiving and four receiving touchdowns over their last two games.