Fantasy Basketball: Daily League Du-Rant Monday December 2nd
Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
The Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant provides you daily recommendations in an A, B, C, D tiered format, with specific targets for GPP tournaments (Guaranteed Prize Payout tournaments) and separate players that may be more geared towards Double Up (DU) contests. In essence, not much will change except for the recommendations will become a little more contest specific.
For those of you checking out my recommendations for the first time, I group the players in A,B,C,D Tiers as a play on the old A,B,C,D basketball camps and as an easy way to distinguish player tiers. (All prices are according to Draft Street). If you have any specific questions post them in the comments section and I will answer them asap or send me a tweet by clicking on my twitter handle at the top of this article. To see who is starting each night visit our NBA Lineups Page
A-All Star priced players that should put up All Star stats today (target 35+ FP, $15,000-on up).
* F Luol Deng (15.7) has been on a tear since DRose and Jimmy Butler have been out.
* G Arron Afflalo (14%) not quite at the 15K min price for this category, but with only five games we will use a slidding scale. With Nelson out tonight Afflalo will be counted on to carry even more of the offensive load for the Magic. But the main high priced players to play in any contest tonight are:
* C Nikola Vucevic (15.2%) is a reasonable price for a player who could go for 30 and 20 any night.
* G John Wall (19.2%) has the best matchup of any top tier point guard tonight as the Wiz face the Magic.
B-rated Ballers: Big name players with big games, but not as high of a price tag as the top five or so priced players at each position (around 30 FP, $12,000-$15,000).
* F Terrence Jones (13.3%) is facing a Jazz team that is allowing the fourth most points per game to opposing power forwards and if Chandler Parsons misses tonight’s game that should mean more looks for TJ.
* G George Hill (12%) has been playing better lately and is facing -amion Lillard (No D in this Damion)
* G Martell Webster (12.5 %) and Trevor Ariza are both in play tonight versus the Magic, but if you had to choose between the two Webster is more of a stat sheet stuffer than Ariza and the Magic allow more points per game to shooting guards than opposing team’s small forwards. And Webster is about $200 cheaper than Ariza as a little added cherry on the top.
* F Ryan Anderson (12%) should get the start with Anthony Davis out and his price has yet to catch up to his Fantasy output as he is averaging almost 30 Fantasy Points over his last three games
C-as in players that COULD be in line to provide you with good to great value in the mid-tier price range (target 25+ FP, $8,000-$12,000).
* C Joakim Noah (11.1%) price has dropped a bunch as he has been farily disappointing, but there should be plenty of rebound opportunities tonight for Noah the Bulls against an Anthony Davis-less New Orleans Pelicans.
* F Carlos Boozer (12.2%) the Pelicans were already terrible defending the power forward position and now will be even more suspect at it with Anthony Davis out.
* G Lou Williams (8.4%) will get the start tonight with Kyle Korver out, it is not a favorable matchup, but the flip side is that he will likely be owned by few and that’s what you hope for in GPP’s.
D-Discounted Dandies: Players on the cheap whose production may exceed what their discounted price tag suggests. (Double Digit Fantasy Production, $3,500-$8,000).
* F Taj Gibson (8.8%) is cheaper than Kawhi Leonard and has been more productive, win-win for you by going with Gibby who has scored 25.5 and 32 Fantasy Points in his last two games.
* G E’Twaun Moore (5.9%) Jameer Nelson will miss Monday's game giving Moore another opportunity to start.
* G Aaron Brooks (8.9%) high risk, high reward play as he should see 20-plus minutes if his shoot is falling with Lin out.
* F Omri Casspi (7.6%) has more Fantasy upside than Francisco Garcia, if Parsons misses Monday’s game.
* G Alec Burks (7%) has scored near or at 20 Fantasy Points his last two games while playing an average of 28 mpg.
* F Tony Snell (8.4%) Jimmy Butler will miss Monday’s game and his three starts Snell has upped his production in each of those games.
* Reggie Jefferson (6.9%) has scored 15 or more Fantasy points in every game he has seen 30-plus minutes, and there is a good chance he could get that kind of run tonight.
Leave a Comment
- Ryan Mallett may miss time
- Peterson not expected to win appeal
- Hilton hauls in 73 yard TD in win
- Jonas Gray benched
- Julio Jones has five grabs for 68 yards, TD
- Julius Thomas has been ruled out for Sunday
- Report: Browns intend to unleash Gordon
- Reggie Bush out for Lions on Sunday
- Arian Foster will not play on Sunday
- Josh Gordon expected to play between 20-30 plays