Fantasy Basketball Daily League Picks Fri. Jan. 17th
Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
The Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant provides you daily recommendations in a four tiered format, with specific targets for GPP tournaments (Guaranteed Prize Payout tournaments) and separate players that may be more geared towards Double Up (DU) contests. It does not mean they are only worth playing in said format, just that I like them in that type of format a little more.
For those of you checking out my recommendations for the first time, I group the players in A,B,C,D Tiers as a play on the old A,B,C,D basketball camps and as an easy way to distinguish player tiers. (All prices are according to Draft Street). If you have any specific questions post them in the comments section and I will answer them asap or send me a tweet by clicking on my twitter handle at the top of this article. To see who is starting each night visit our NBA Lineups Page
A-All Star priced players that should put up All Star stats today (target 35+ FP, $15,000-on up).
* F Rudy Gay (16.5%) no Tony Allen tonight for the Grizzlies and Gay has posted 38-plus FP in four of his last five games, with the one game coming against the best defensive team in the league in the Indiana Pacers. I also like John Wall, Kemba Walker, David Lee, and Andre Drummond.
* F Josh Smith (16.9%) has been more J’Smoove then the buster he was earlier in the season and will face a walking zombie in Richard Jefferson. (The Jazz are allowing the fourth most FP to SF on the season). Other high priced stars that have safe matchups, include LeBron, Dirk, Ty Lawson, and Al Jefferson.
B-rated Ballers: Big name players with big games, but not as high of a price tag as the top five or so priced players at each position (around 30 FP, $12,000-$15,000).
* G Darren Collison (13.8%) is averaging 33-plus Fantasy Points per game over his last four games and is facing a banged up Knicks team who has the sixth lowest defenisve efficency rating over against opposing point guards over the last 5 games (right around the time Raymond Felton made his return).
* F Nene Hilario (12.1%) appears healthy again as he is averaging 15.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, an astonishing 6.7 assists, 1.7 steals, and two blocks over his last three games. Nene finished with a monster line in his last game versus the Bulls, in Chicago, just two games ago as he had 19 points, five boards, five assists, two steals, and two blocks and Nene is averaging about three more FP at home than on the road, which is just another added bonus because tonight’s game is in Washington.
* C Chris Bosh (13.3%) the Heat will be up for this game as they are ready to end their losing streak versus sub .500 winning teams and the Sixers are allowing the most Fantasy Points to opposing centers over the last 15 games. (Note: Dwayne Wade is a game-time decision, so if he is out that only increases Bosh's value tonight).
*G Brandon Jennings (13.9%) the Jazz have by far the worst defensive efficiency rating versus opposing point guards on the season, and Jennings is playing much better at home since the team decided to move their shoot arounds to the Palace, instead of an off-site location, when they have a home game.
* F Luol Deng (12.9%) is settling into a nice groove with his new team as he has posted 33-plus FP in each of his last two games and add in the fact that Vegas has the over/under set at 213 points, which is tied with the POR/SAS game for the highest o/u of the night.
* F J.J. Hickson (13.3%) on a tear of late as he is averaging about 40 FP over his last two games and has another favorable matchup in what should be a high scoring affair.
C-as in players that COULD be in line to provide you with good to great value in the mid-tier price range (target 25+ FP, $8,000-$12,000).
* F Wesley Johnson (10%) Swaggy P has been suspended for tonight’s game, so that should mean more minutes for Johnson, who has exceeded 30 FP in each of his last two games and is facing a Celtics team who were allowing the most Fantasy Points to the small forward position , over the last 15 days, going into their last game against the Raptors. (The fell slightly down to allowing the third most FP over the last 15 days after Wednesday’s game).
* F Jordan Hill (8.3%) is starting tonight and the Celtics front court defense is as about as good as the Lakers defense, and as we know that is not saying much, which is why Vegas expects this game to be one of the top five highest scoring contests of the evening. (Note: Hill can be found even cheaper on some other sites).
* G Randy Foye (10.9%) has exceeded 29 FP in four of his last five games and is averaging about four more FP/gm at home than on the road this season. (See Luol Deng above for more info on the Nuggets home matchup against the Cavs tonight).
D-Discounted Dandies: Players on the cheap whose production may exceed what their discounted price tag suggests. (Double Digit Fantasy Production, $3,500-$8,000).
* G Wil Bynum (8.1%) has played 23 and 34 minutes in the Pistons’ last two games and finished with 20.5 and 28.5 FP respectively. (See Brandon Jennings above for more reasons to consider Byn-o-mite based on tonight’s matchup versus the Jazz).
* F Kyle Singler (6.6%) is also in play tonight, you many shake your head at this recommendation, but Singler has a track record of putting up 20-plus FP against weaker competition, and for the same reason Josh Smith will excel tonight, Singler to should at least reach value.
* G Nate Robinson (8.1%) is coming off a season-high of 24 points and is facing a Cavs team that is allowing, on average, the fourth most points per game to opposing point guards over the last 15 days.
Best of Luck tonight, and for you season long players looking for some help check out this week's Fantasy Basketball Wire Wire Pickups and if you have any questions go rouge and post them in the comments section and/or send me a tweet.
Leave a Comment
- Bumgarner masterful in win
- Bridgewater made the trip to Green Bay
- Matt Shoemaker will start Game 2
- Rams name Austin Davis the starting QB
- Ogbonnaya & Reaves splitting the first-team reps
- Carson Palmer will seek a 2nd opinion
- Knowshon Moreno says he's 4 weeks away
- Bridgewater is a game-time decision for Thursday
- Locker expects to start Sunday
- Andre Johnson said his ankle is perfectly fine
@darryldirocco K will be a few