Fantasy Basketball: Daily League Picks Fri. Jan. 3rd
Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
The Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant provides you daily recommendations in a four tiered format, with specific targets for GPP tournaments (Guaranteed Prize Payout tournaments) and separate players that may be more geared towards Double Up (DU) contests. It does not mean they are only worth playing in said format, just that I like them in that type of format a little more.
For those of you checking out my recommendations for the first time, I group the players in A,B,C,D Tiers as a play on the old A,B,C,D basketball camps and as an easy way to distinguish player tiers. (All prices are according to Draft Street). If you have any specific questions post them in the comments section and I will answer them asap or send me a tweet by clicking on my twitter handle at the top of this article. To see who is starting each night visit our NBA Lineups Page
A-All Star priced players that should put up All Star stats today (target 35+ FP, $15,000-on up).
* F Anthony Davis (19%) the mono-brow should dominate the undersized, and to some extent young, frontcourt of the Celtics tonight making him worth the extremely high salary on a night with only seven games.
* F Zach Randolph (16%) if you have not noticed, I have an affinity for Z-buckets (and David Lee) but who would not as both players have the potential to post a double-double every time they step on the court, and Z-Bo gets the luxury of playing a Nuggets team that are allowing the most FP to power forwards over the last 15 days. If AD is too expensive for your taste then go Randolph.
* G James Harden (17.8%) the Knicks are allowing the eighth most Fantasy Points to the shooting guard position over the last two weeks.
B-rated Ballers: Big name players with big games, but not as high of a price tag as the top five or so priced players at each position (around 30 FP, $12,000-$15,000).
* G Monta Ellis (14.2%) will have to carry the offensive workload if Dirk Nowitzki misses Friday’s game versus the Clippers. Dirk is a game-time decision (GTD) due to a sore ankle.
* Marvin Williams (12.4%) I like Derrick Favors, but there is not much difference in production from the two and you get to save about $1,500 bucks by going with Williams over Favors.
* Trey Burke (12.3%) will be defended by Kendall Marshall for much of the night, ‘nuff said.
* F Derrick Favors (13.8%) struggles some against good teams, fortunately he is not playing a good team tonight, so you should see a similar stat line that you saw last night versus the Bucks that produced almost 40 FP.
* F Gordon Hayward (15.2%) tied his season-high in 3-pointers made last night, plays a ton of minutes, and will be facing a Lakers team that is forced to throw anyone who has a beating heart at this point due to all the injuries they have incurred.
C-as in players that COULD be in line to provide you with good to great value in the mid-tier price range (target 25+ FP, $8,000-$12,000).
* F Ed Davis (8.3%) is coming off a double-double and gets another favorable matchup versus the Nuggets.
* C Kris Humphries (8.7%) has seen his minutes increase recently and is facing a Pelicans team that are one of the top-five worst in allowing FP to big men.
* F Shawn Marion (12.3%) has played well of late, will be facing a Clippers team who struggles to defend the small forward position, and may get a bump in value if Dirk sits out tonight.
D-Discounted Dandies: Players on the cheap whose production may exceed what their discounted price tag suggests. (Double Digit Fantasy Production, $3,500-$8,000).
* C Enes Kanter (7.6%) the lack of consistent minutes worry me, but on a night with just seven games and not too many attractive options at center Kanter could be the dark-horse of the night.
* G Iman Shumpert (7.3%) scored more points Thursday then he had done in his last four games combined. Granted none of us are going to buy into this long-term, Shump does have a favorable matchup against the Rockets back-court that can be allergic to defense at times and he comes into the game with a ton of confidence.
Best of Luck tonight, and for you season long players looking for some help check out this week's Fantasy Basketball Wire Wire Pick Ups and if you have any questions go rouge and post them in the comments section and/or send me a tweet.
Leave a Comment
- Geno Smith getting all first team reps
- Cliff Lee has a left flexor pronator strain
- Cliff Lee left game with elbow injury
- Cliff Lee leaves game with apparent injury
- Tigers traded Drew Smyly to the Rays
- Austin Jackson traded to the Mariners
- Rays traded David Price to the Tigers
- Red Sox traded Stephen Drew to the Yankees
- Lynch planning to end holdout and report to camp
- Indians traded Asdrubal Cabrera to the Nationals
@enosarris you see or hear Beane talk about the text he got from Tigers GM?
@AFeingold some intriguing ones for sure Your thoughts?