Fantasy Alarm Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
Fantasy Alarm Daily Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
Daily Dandies for Monday November 4th
by Michael Pichan (@FantasyNomad)
Fantasy Basketball Du-Rant
The Du-Rant title derives from a play on "Double Ups" in DFS lingo, which will be the backbone of my recommendations for you each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The Rant part will vary with each article. Sometimes I'll just go off on an opinionated Rant that hopefully will be entertaining and at times helpful, other times I'll rant about some statistical nuances that standout that could hopefully help you make a daily lineup decision. Today's Du-Rant we tip-off with a quick look at Larry Sanders of the Bucks. There has been so many great things happening in the NBA as we close in on the first full-week of play. We saw Chris Paul score over 70 Fantasy Points, Anthony Davis almost become the 1st player to put up a 5x5 with 30-plus points since The Dream did it in the '85-86 season, and a few rookies getting off to a hot start including Michael Carter-Williams (who almost had a quadruple-double and Vitor Faverani who both play tonight, and both have seen a huge jump in their salary. Faverani who is averaging 11 points, seven-plus rebounds, three-plus blocks and about an assist and a steal thus far has a tough matchup on the road against the defensive minded Grizzlies and one where he will be challenged on the defensive end, which could easily lead to Faverani getting into foul trouble quickly tonight. On the other hand, MCW faces a Warriors team that had to fly across the country and has lost five straight on the road to the Sixers making MCW worthy of considering on a night where there are only four games. Alright before I give a way too many recommendations let's get to the Daily Dandies for tonight, but one last thing before we do.
I saw this on twitter somewhere and I'll just throw it out there and see if it can stimulate some interaction. And felt the timing was right as Gadzuric announced that his NBA career is over and Larry Sanders would not be paying attention as his attention is focused on his wife, who went into labor today.
Below is Dan Gadzuric's per game averages from his third NBA season compared to that of Larry Sanders' per game averages from last year, his third season in the NBA. Pretty scary, in an old naked lady way.
For those of you checking out my recommendations for the first time, I group the players in A,B,C,D Tiers as a play on the old A,B,C,D basketball camps and as an easy way to distinguish player tiers. (All prices are according to Draft Street). If you have any specific questions post them in the comments section and I will answer them asap or send me a tweet by clicking on my twitter handle at the top of this article. To see who is starting each night visit our NBA Lineups Page
A-All Star priced players that should put up All Star stats today (target 35+ FP, $15,000-on up).
* C Dwight Howard (18.6%)- you save about 2-3% of your cap going with Howard over KLove or CP3
* F David Lee (15.5%) is a sure bet for a double-double
B-rated Ballers: Big name players with big games, but not as high of a price tag as the top five or so priced players at each position (around 30 FP, $12,000-$15,000).
* F Zach Randolph (13.4%), Z-Bo has put together back-to-back double-doubles with season highs in points and rebounds Saturday with 21 points and 14 boards similar numbers he could reach tonight at home versus the Celtics.
* F Anderson Varejao (10.9%) has underperformed, thus far but if he can get 14 points, 6 rebounds versus a much tougher matchup against the Pacers I can see even better numbers tonight against the TWolves.
C-as in players that COULD be in line to provide you with good to great value in the mid-tier price range (target 25+ FP, $8,000-$12,000).
* G J.J. Reddick (8.7%) is averaging fourth most minutes played per game for the Clippers. I think this is a risky play though due to the matchup, but just wanted to throw that out there more so for further reference.
* G Dion Waiters (8.6%) I like Waiters matchup better than Reddick’s and you save a few bucks.
* F Corey Brewer (8.3%) is averaging about four more minutes per game than his career average and is facing a struggling Cavs team.
D-Discounted Dandies: Players on the cheap whose production may exceed what their discounted price tag suggests. (Double Digit Fantasy Production, $3,500-$8,000).
* G Jerryd Bayless (7.5%) I like this option over Reddick as it is a softer matchup for Bayless and you get the discount.
* G Francisco Garcia (6%) I like him over James Anderson as he has been more consistent and they are about the same price, with Garcia being a little cheaper.
* F Mike Miller (6%) is seeing more playing time than Tayshaun and doing more with the minutes averaging about 8 points, three assists, and three boards.
Michael Pichan is a co-host of the Fantasy Alarm podcast, frequent guest on Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports channel, contributor of written Fantasy advice and insight for FantasyAlarm.com, and an FSWA member. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post in comment section below, e-mail him to email@example.com and or send him a tweet @FantasyNomad
Leave a Comment
- Bumgarner masterful in win
- Bridgewater made the trip to Green Bay
- Matt Shoemaker will start Game 2
- Rams name Austin Davis the starting QB
- Ogbonnaya & Reaves splitting the first-team reps
- Carson Palmer will seek a 2nd opinion
- Knowshon Moreno says he's 4 weeks away
- Bridgewater is a game-time decision for Thursday
- Locker expects to start Sunday
- Andre Johnson said his ankle is perfectly fine
@darryldirocco K will be a few