Fantasy Football: Statistical Nuances from the Nomad
A Six Pack of Stats that Standout from Week 4 of the NFL Season
by Michael Pichan (@FantasyNomad)
Who does not love stats, and some good suds to wash them down with? Each week I'm going to share with you some stats that standout from the previous week, along with a beer that I whet my whistle to while either celebrating some Fantasy success or coping with Fantasy frustration. Most of you know of my affinity for PBR (as you can find out here in an Zach Law’s “There Still is No Off Season” book), this season though, I will be expanded my palate for pilsner, and other brews, starting with this week's beer of choice: Samuel Adams Octoberfest.
It was not quite October yet, but it was close enough, and well it was on special at Hooters this day. So, I decided to give myself the pleasure of endulging in my first ever Sam Adams beer, at least that I can remember, and I was not disappointed. Often times I found many seasonal beers to be either too sweet or just over the top with flavor that it takes away from the smoothness that a beer should have, but with Sam Adam's Octoberfest that was not the case as it was surpisingly smooth, but with enough flavor that it did seem like they had put the Fall season into a mug. I definetly enjoyed this lager and have put it on my shopping list of Sunday Suds as I recommend you do as well. For more beer recommendations follow me on Untapped, and in the meantime, here are some stats that stood out from Week 4 of the NFL Fantasy Football Season:
* Peyton Manning broke Brett Favre's NFL record with his 24th game of at least four touchdown passes Sunday, and broke the NFL record for most touchdown passes through the first four games of a season with 16. Manning also tied the NFL record for most touchdowns to start a season without an interception.
* Drew Brees now has 47,030 career passing yards moving him past Fran Tarkenton for sixth most yards passing all-time and passed John Elway by one completion to become fourth all-time in completions with 4,124. Oh, and Brees tied his own record with his ninth straight 300-plus yard passing game.
* Philip Rivers third and final touchdown pass in Sunday's contest was his 200th career touchdown and he set an NFL record for the highest completio percentage in a 400-yard passing game at 83.3% (30 for 21 for 401 yards, one interception, and three touchdowns vs. the Cowboys).
* Andrew Luck and the Colts defeated the lowly Jaguars on Sunday giving Luck his 14th win of his career, which ties him with John Elway for most wins by a quarterback in their first 20 games.
* Adrian Peterson scored on a 60 yard touchdown run Sunday, it was his NFL leading 12th rushing touchdown of 60 or more yards. (Jim Brown is second all-time with nine).
* Jimmy Graham lit up the Dolphins Monday night for the tune of 100-yards receiving on just four catches and reached the end zone twice. Graham has at least one touchdown in each of the first four games and now has six touchdowns on the season, which is tied with Wes Welker and Adrian Peterson for the NFL lead this season. Graham is on pace for 108 receptions for 1,832 yards receiving and 24 touchdowns.
Michael Pichan is the host of multiple RotoInfo.com Radio Network Shows, frequent guest on Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports channel, contributor of written Fantasy advice and insight for Rotoinfo.com, and FSWA member. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post in comment section and/or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also follow him on Twitter @FantasyNomad for up-to-date Q&A and fantasy information. And tune in every Saturday for our Start/Sit Fantasy Football Google Hangout with Fantasy Insider Brad Costilo and download the Rotoinfo.com Fantasy Football Show which airs every Thursday at 7pm and the 4th Down Fantasy Football Podcast with my self and Wayne Bretsky (click on blue for the links).
Leave a Comment
- Durant injures foot/ankle
- Giannis Antetokounmpo will start Thursday
- Zaza Pachulia will start at center Thursday
- DeMarcus Cousins will start Thursday
- Dwight Howard will play Thursday
- Taj Gibson will not play Thursday
- Tyreke Evans will not play Thursday
- Kendall Wright is active
- Amar'e Stoudemire will start Thursday
- Carmelo Anthony will not play Thursday