Fantasy Football: Week 3 RB Rankings & Daily League Plays
Fantasy Football: Week Three Running Back Rankings & Daily League Plays (Standard and PPR)
by Michael Pichan (@FantasyNomad)
Interesting week as we saw a bizarre trade, the type of trade we do not usually see in football, as the Browns traded Trent Richardson to the Colts for a first round pick. I am not going to ramble on about how poor of a trade this was for the Browns, (I think the picture below says it best), but will point out that Richardson's stock will improve moving to Indianapolis, just not this week. Many of you will be faced with the quandary of staring TRich, or not, so utilize the rankings below to help make that, and all your start/sit decisions, a bit easier. If you want a look at who is starting for each team, along with player projections, and DFS pricing visit our NFL Lineup Grid. Also, if you have any Start/Sit questions click on the twitter link in blue above and I'll answer them.Daily League RB Targets:
Tier One RB Target:
- Texans RB Arian Foster ($121,000, 12,1% of your cap at Fantasy Fued - Play Now)- While Lynch, AP, and the Muscle Hamster all have what seem to be favorable matchups, don't let the fact that the Ravens have allowed the fewest Fantasy Points to running backs this season fool you (the Ravens have played the Broncos and Browns). Consider this, Foster has averaged 121 total yards and about one touchdown in his last four games against the Ravens, and you get to save some money by going with Foster over the aforementioned backs.
Running Back Discounts: Running backs Outside the top 10 in terms of price on Daily Fantasy Sites (DFS) to target
- Saints RB Darren Sproles ($6,700, 19.1% of your cap at Fan Duel- Play Now)- Mark Ingram is out, and even if the site you play on is .5 PPR Sproles is primed to have a huge day as the Cardinals secondary will limit the opportunities for Saints' wide outs.
- Lions RB Joique Bell ($4,750, 4.8% of your cap at Draft Day - Play Now)- While many may be on the Bernard Pierce bandwagon, I like Bell's matchup better, and even if Bush does play he will be limited. Bell was a top six targeted back last season and is tied for 4th this season with 14 targets even with Bush cutting into his production in the first two weeks.
Be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed to get all my articles including Daily League Sleepers and Value Plays each week and check out our Daily League Lobby on our homepage at www.rotoinfo.com to find Daily Free Rolls (Yeah that's right chance at free money).
Michael Pichan is the host of multiple RotoInfo.com Radio Network Shows, frequent guest on Sirius/XM Fantasy Sports channel, contributor of written Fantasy advice and insight for Rotoinfo.com, and FSWA member. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post in comment section and/or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also follow him on Twitter @FantasyNomad for up-to-date Q&A and fantasy information. And tune in every Saturday for our Start/Sit Fantasy Football Google Hangout with Fantasy Insider Brad Costilo and download the Rotoinfo.com Fantasy Football Show which airs every Thursday at 7pm and the 4th Down Fantasy Football Podcast with my self and Wayne Bretsky (click on blue for the links).
Leave a Comment
- Josh Gordon pled guilty to DWI in Raleigh on Tues
- Charles (ankle) does not appear to be severe
- Martin Prado likely out the rest of the season
- Pujols left Monday's game with cramp
- Kendricks declared out with right calf injury
- Jonathan Papelbon suspended 7 games
- AP being investigated for another abuse accusation
- WR Vincent Brown has signed with Raiders
- Tillman has been placed on IR. Torn right triceps
- Lewis: A.J.Green's foot injury not long term