Fantasy Basketball: Daily Dandies Mar. 3rd
- PG Kemba Walker- CHA @SAC: Before Friday night's (19 FP) game, Kemba had a streak of five straight 30 plus FP games. Look for him to get back on track versus a Kings team that has been known to help opposing point guards do just that.
- PF Dirk Nowitzki- DAL vs HOU: Dirk is averaging about three more rebounds and more than a three a game at home than on the road and has scored 33 plus FP in six of his last eight games.
- PF/C DeMarcus Cousins- SAC VS CHA: Cousins has not performed up to his potential lately (surprise, surprise), but it appears that his minutes have been limited the last game or so because the games were blow outs. The Kings are at home and get a prime Fantasy match up in the Bobcats.
- G Marcus Thornton - SAC vs CHA: Bobcats have a difficult time defending the SG position, and should have their hands full, on the road, trying to stop the hot hand of Thornton who has finished around, or above, 30 FP in each of his last three games.
- SG/SF Manu Ginobili- SAS vs DET: Ginobili took on the role of facilitator, in the absence of Parke,r in the Spurs last game dishing out 15 assists. It is unlikely that he will reach those assists totals again, but with all the Spurs' injuries, including the possibility that Kawhi Leonard's minutes may be limited today as he has been suffering left quad tendinitis, Ginobili, Danny Green, and Tim Duncan may be called upon to carry the load for the Spurs today.
- C Emeka Okafor- WAS vs PHI: Philly will be playing their third game in four days, have been one of the worst teams at defending their opponents centers, and there is a chance Nene will be out again for the Wizards.
- PG Steve Nash-LAL vs ATL: The Hawks have been one of the best match ups for point guards all season.
- SG/SF Danny Green- SAS vs DET: See Manu Ginobili above
- PF/C Jason Thompson-SAC vs CHA: The Bobcats are allowing over 102 pts/gm and the second most rebounds to opponents in the NBA.
- G Nando De Colo- SAS vs DET: Tony Parker is out for possibly four weeks, yet De Colo's price is still at basement value at some sites. De Colo has averaged 12 pts, 4 rebs, and 6 asts in the two games he has seen 30 plus minutes this season.
- PF/C DeJuan Blair: SAS vs DET: Boris Diaw will miss Sunday's game meaning Blair should see an increased role, again. Like De Colo, you can roster Blair for about the minimum amount despite the fact that he has played 20 plus minutes and scored 20 plus FP in each of his last two games.
- F Donatas Motiejunas- HOU @ORL: Motiejunas' price tag still remains fairly low even after playing 23 plus minutes the last three games and finishing near or above 20 FP.
Leave a Comment
- Jason Heyward (back) will not play Friday
- “Slight chance” of a Josh Gordon settlement
- Cliff Lee was placed on the 15-day DL
- Hosmer has a stress fracture, may miss a month.
- Geno Smith getting all first team reps
- Cliff Lee has a left flexor pronator strain
- Tigers traded Drew Smyly to the Rays
- Austin Jackson traded to the Mariners
- Rays traded David Price to the Tigers
- Red Sox traded Stephen Drew to the Yankees
RT @MattGelb: Cliff Lee, on whether he threw his last pitch of 2014 tonight: “That’s probably the case.” MRI scheduled.
#RedSox moves/acquisitions can't be judged fully today as they would seemingly have a leg up on resigning Lester and Miller.