Here it is barely the middle of April and already we have the hot shot prospect seal broken on the 2014 MLB season. The Astros called George Springer up on Wednesday and the fantasy world has rejoiced. I am fairly certain the Astros did this literally just to see how much FAAB folks would bid on the idea of “saving” their season just three weeks in. Here are some short takes on George Springer:
Houston did not call Springer up because they believe he will go 30-30 or even 20-20 this season. They made the move because it is clear he is one of their best all around players at any level. Springer will help the Astros defensively, on the basepaths and with his approach to the game. He strikes out way too much. In the minor league he struck out 31% of the time over three years. In Continue...
Leave a Comment
- Chandler Jones expected to miss a month
- Nikola Vucevic agrees to 4-yr $53 million ext
- Titans trading LB Akeem Ayers to Patriots
- Da'Quan Bowers suspended two games
- Cowboys waive Michael Sam
- A.J. Green status still up in the air
- Mike Pettine has no plans to bench Hoyer
- Calvin Johnson (ankle) has resumed running
- A.J. Green (toe) said he will play Sunday
- Pierre Thomas (shoulder) will miss 2-3 weeks
@EBabka5 Yeah keep Forte
@bacot_adam What league is this?