On A Break
Joe DiMaggio lost his hitting streak at 56 games.
Orel Hershiser went 59 innings without allowing a run before he was beat.
Cal Ripken appeared in 2,632 games before finally taking a seat.
I'm thinking I'm somewhere around 2,500 days....
What am I talking about? I'm talking about the length of time that it's been since I took a personal vacation of more than three days. That's right, it's been seven years since I've just checked out. That streak is going down this week.
I'll be out of touch for the next week as I'll be in Hawaii and then San Diego. Yes, there will be sun, surf and plenty of fruity drinks with umbrellas.
I'll see what I can do to answer questions over the next week, but I can't promise I'll be able to get to any of them.
Good luck until then. I'll be back June 24th full-time ready to give you all the help I can on your journey to a 2013 fantasy baseball championship.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 5-8 PM EDT and Sunday 7-10 PM EDT), Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- San Francisco is trading for OT Jonathan Martin
- Rondo will not play on Wednesday night
- Saints have signed S Jairus Byrd
- Bucs agree to terms with CB Alterraun Verner
- Lakers will declare Kobe out for the season
- Bears are cutting DE Julius Peppers
- Falcons officially released Tony Gonzalez
- Jaguars traded Blaine Gabbert to 49ers
- McFadden will re-sign with the Raiders
- Steve Smith is not being released on Tuesday
Worst case? Hamilton can't hit and is back in the minors in May. @brimasky