On A Break
Joe DiMaggio lost his hitting streak at 56 games.
Orel Hershiser went 59 innings without allowing a run before he was beat.
Cal Ripken appeared in 2,632 games before finally taking a seat.
I'm thinking I'm somewhere around 2,500 days....
What am I talking about? I'm talking about the length of time that it's been since I took a personal vacation of more than three days. That's right, it's been seven years since I've just checked out. That streak is going down this week.
I'll be out of touch for the next week as I'll be in Hawaii and then San Diego. Yes, there will be sun, surf and plenty of fruity drinks with umbrellas.
I'll see what I can do to answer questions over the next week, but I can't promise I'll be able to get to any of them.
Good luck until then. I'll be back June 24th full-time ready to give you all the help I can on your journey to a 2013 fantasy baseball championship.
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Kevin Love Deal Now With Both Cavs and Sixers
- Richards will undergo left knee surgery on Friday
- McCoy expects to be ready for the season opener
- David Price Takes Loss After Complete-Game
- Dallas Keuchel Loses in Complete-Game Effort
- McCarthy Throws Complete-Game Shutout
- Angels acquired Gordon Beckham from White Sox
- Garrett Richards will have surgery next week
- Ortiz not in Red Sox starting lineup on Thursday
- Posey said he's good to play Thursday