I know it's smack dab in the middle of baseball season so it's a bit of an odd time to do a fantasy football draft, but that didn't stop us from engaging in one anyway Wednesday as the 2013 FSTA Experts NFL Draft took place. It was a 14 team, PPR league with one point for 25 yards passing and four points for passing scores which seemed to downgrade the importance of adding a QB early in the draft (if you follow my NFL work, you know I'd wait on a QB in pretty much every league anyway). Before breaking down my club let's review what I did.
1 – It's June. We don't really know how so many of the situations with roles, injuries etc. are even going to play out.
2 – It's June. Therefore I did something I rarely do... I embraced risk. I didn't just accept it, I asked it out on a date, bought it a nice dinner, gave her a couple bottles of wine, and had a memorable night with her.
3 – There isn't a rookie or an uncertain player on the entire roster (due to injury). Well, maybe Josh Freeman doesn't qualify, BenJarvus Green-Ellis doesn't qualify and maybe Pierce doesn't either, but really, well, you will see.
I've never taken more risk in a fantasy draft in my life.
This team could win the championship.
This team could finish in last place.
QB: RGIII (7), Josh Freeman (12) RB: Trent Richardson (1), BenJarvus Green-Ellis (5), Zac Stacy (6), Bernard Pierce (9), Robert Turbin (14) WR: Percy Harvin (2), Hakeem Nicks (4), Vincent Brown (8), Ryan Broyles (11), Robert Woods (13) TE: Rob Gronkowski (3), Jordan Cameron (10) K: Greg Zuerlin (15) DEF: Arizona Cardinals (16)
* NOTE: We start 2 RBs, 3 WRs an a flex. For kickers... bonus points for yardage (3 pts for 30-39 yards, 4 for 40-49, 5 for 50-59, 6 for 60+).
For the results of the entire draft click on the link to RT Sports.
I know the team has risks all over the place, duh, but it's got a boatload of talent as well.
I think I need a bumper sticker that says First Place or bust... By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Thurs 7 PM, Fri. 9 PM EDT), Ray also hosts a show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Rubio reached agreement on a 4-yr $56 million deal
- Orioles declined Nick Markakis $17.5 mil option
- Surgery is now a consideration for Westbrook
- Buxton (finger) underwent surgery Friday
- Cavs officially signed Varejao to an extension
- Colby Lewis will test the free agent market
- Warriors and Thompson agree on new deal
- Cubs announce hiring of Joe Maddon
- Yankees to extend a qualifying offer to Robertson
- Brook Lopez suffers setback