Around The Horn: July11, 2012
FIRST HALF DISAPPOINTMENTS
(1) Tim Lincecum has dreadful first half.
(2) Evan Longoria continued leg woes.
(3) Dustin Pedroia weighed down by thumb issues.
(4) Carl Crawford – where have you been?
(5) Jacoby Ellsbury missed significant time for 2nd time in three years.
(6) Brett Gardner's quest for elbow health.
(7) Dan Haren hits DL for first time.
(8) Mariano Rivera finally fails.
(9) Albert Pujols' OPS is down .250 points.
(10) Carlos Santana failing miserably to match expectations.
DAILY JOUST CONTEST - TAKE ON THE ORACLE
It's time for me to put my reputation on the line. Are you ready for the challenge of taking me on in a fantasy baseball contest? You think you can take down the Oracle? $50 HEADS UP VS. ME!
MLB - Tournament - Fri, Jul 13th - Ray Flowers 50/50 Challenge Friday 7/13
$5 Entry Fee. Top 10 win $9 prize.
Top score gets to play a free $50 prize heads up against me, Ray Flowers, on Friday July 20.
All you have to do to take me on is to prove yourself this week. Do that, and next week it's me against you in a battle of fantasy titans.
For those of you interested in the scoring, here are the rules of the event.
Scoring for hitting (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, LF, CF, RF)
•Total Bases (TB) = 1 pt for each base (Single = 1, Double = 2, Triple = 3, Home Run = 4) •Hit (H) = 1 pts •Run Scored (R) = 2 pts •Run Batted In (RBI) = 2 pts •Stolen Base (SB) = 2 pts •Walk (BB) = 1 pt •Hit By Pitch (HBP) = 1 pt •Sacrifice (SAC) = 1 pt •Strike Out (SO) = -1 pt •Grounded Into Double Play (GIDP) = -1 pt
Scoring for pitching (SP or P)
•Inning Pitched (IP) = 1 pt for every 1/3 Inning Pitched (e.g. per out) •Strike Out (SO) = 1 pt •Earned Runs (ER) = -2 pts •Hit (H) = -1 pt •Walk (BB) = -1 pt •Hit Batsman (HBP) = -1 pt •Win (W) = 7 pts
By Ray Flowers
Leave a Comment
The co-host of The Drive on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87: Mon-Fri 7-10 PM EDT), Ray also hosts his own show Sunday night (7-10 PM EDT). Ray has spent years squirreled away studying the inner workings of the fantasy game to the detriment of his personal life. Specializing in baseball, football and hockey, some consider him an expert in all three.
- Vikings may hold AP out in preseason
- Jason Heyward leaves game with back soreness
- Gio Bernard expected to see around 300 touches
- Josh Harrison Kills it With Power and Speed
- Scott Kazmir Notches 12th Win
- Jose Altuve Homers, Swipes AL-leading 42nd Base
- Allen Webster Wins 2014 Debut
- Carlos Santana homered twice more Sunday
- Matt Holliday homers, again
- Wainwright improved to 13-5 with win over Cubs